Majestic Suites, Bangkok - anyone stayed there?

James34

Hi team

Im going to Bangkok for a week on 7th of December, and have been offered a deluxe single room at Majestic Suites www.majesticsuites.com

Its on Sumkumvhit(?) road in Bangkok and they quoted me $8,500 baht for the weeks stay, including breakfast each day

Is it a good area? Is it close to shopping, BTS, bars etc?

Also is that a fair price? Seems very reasonable to me. The airport pickup service is $1200 baht which I will not pay. Ive read on here that you can hire a bar girl for less than that ;)

Surely a taxi would be cheaper from the airport to the hotel?

Ok Im going to go back to reading through the forum - if anyone can offer their experiences at this hotel it would be greatly appreciated :)

James:

I haven't stayed at Majestic but i can tell you the location if you are planning to be a monger is very VERY good. Walk for 30 seconds and you will be at NanaPlaza. 2 minutes and you are at the BTS.

You can get a metered taxi from the airport to your hotel. Will cost around 300 baht if you are not stuck in traffic. When I arrived at the new airport recently I did not realize as you exit the terminal with your baggage in tow, you are on the wrong floor to catch a metered taxi. A bunch of jack asses are out there all quoting 800 baht. You have to go down one floor and then exit the terminal.

James,

When you arrive at the crap-hole that is the new airport in BKK, when you enter the main arrivals hall, change some money, (get some small notes - 100B), and head up 2 floors to the departure level and grab a taxi from up there.

Much easier, and about 300B to the Majestic Suites.

Take the freeway from the airport. Saves HEAPS of time, and only 65B.

I'll be back in BKK next week, and as a fellow Aussie, would be happy to meet up for a drink or 214. Send us a PT with your details and I'll be in touch.

MooNoi

Hi MooNoi - sounds like a plan!

I am arriving at 'terminal 2' and will follow your advice. Any money saved is more money for food/drink :)

Ill contact you when I arrive and know what room Im staying in etc.. Will be good to meet you in real life and ask you about your girl(s) ;)

Archived