Luggage trashed again!

Lusty

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ran into the very same problem. I broke down and bought Haliburton Zero cases. Expensive as hell.

Warranted for life.

They are looking pretty beat, already, after a year of hard use. But they are also hanging in there just fine.

I guess that the old adage "you get what you pay for" applies.

I ran into the very same problem. I broke down and bought Haliburton Zero cases. Expensive as hell.

Warranted for life.

They are looking pretty beat, already, after a year of hard use. But they are also hanging in there just fine.

I guess that the old adage "you get what you pay for" applies.

I'm a big Zero Halliburton fan. Good for locking up things in your room you don't want prying eyes to see, as well.

I always try to travel with only a carry on bag, even on my last three week trip. I just have to have laundry done more often.

When I was a much younger man, I worked at LAX and got to see first hand how far Samoans can throw a bag onto a belt.

One day I took golfer Hale Irwin ramp-side to intercept his bags. They were tagged for LAX, but he was connecting to an international flight and I didn't want to fetch them at the domestic baggage claim. So I took him ramp-side to where the Samoans throw the bags from the containers to the baggage belt. I asked him to watch one tug of cans being unloaded while I watched the other.

We intercepted the luggage, but he told me afterwards that he'd had his golf club case broken in the past, and he never could understand how it happened, until this experience. :)

I knew it was wrong, at the time, to bring that guy to the ramp, because maybe he'd get injured or something. With today's security concerns, I'd probably get arrested for doing that. :)

Haliburton has always been #1 though.

Archived