airport after i collect luggage???

keith doug

I just walked down by "travelator" with my 50kgs of bags on the caddy you take in baggage hal, looked around to see the taxi booth, told them where i wanted to go, got a ticket, a man put my bags in a cab (to his surprise I gave him a 20 baht tip) and handed over an official ticket mentionning the drivers name and license number which you can use to complain if you have any problems. Took me 5 min from leaving exit gate C to sit in the cab. Cost you an additional 50 baht to the driver. Meter showed 217 baht to Prince Palace hotel, Bobay tower, plus 65 tolway, plus the mentionned 50 baht for airport fee.

Gave him 300b and have change ready to pay tollway.

Piece of cake and no need to take a lift.

KD,

Absolutely and positively go up to departures and get one from there. Not a problem at all, and absolutely no waiting.

Both times I've been to the taxi rank downstairs there's been big lines and no taxis.

I always head straight upstairs now.

MooNoi

Thalenoi,

You stay Prince Palace? Thought that place was haunted ever since the Israeli guy chopped up his wife and threw her in the khlongs... Good lunch buffet, though.

Keith Doug,

No need to use lifts for either taxis or departures, so you'll be okay. My three arrivals taxis have been easy at both points.

YimSiam

Oups, did not know it was there the Israeli chopped up his wife....I won't tell the gf :footinmou

But yes, I like Prince Palace and the 24h/day effervesence around Bobay. I have a 1200 baht deal there with Greenwood travel who have their offices 14th floor (Asiarooms price is 1650) and PP just refurbished all their rooms (was needed). Greenwood has a faboulous 2 nights deal for 5250b in Sofitel Raja Orchid Khon Kaen, upgrade to suite and 2 dinner buffets for 2, great buffet.

At Prince Palace the lunch buffet at 350b is a treat, although a tad expensive. Try the 180b buffet at Charoen in Udon Thani (not to compare with the PP buffet though)

Archived