Am I all set?

gareefy

Hi all, I'm hoping to stay in LOS for 78 days and got my visa today from the Birmingham Consulate. I'm still a little concerned about stories I've read on here, namely not being allowed on the flight without a full visa for stay or onward journey within 30 days.

I'm working under the assumption of 60 days plus a 30 day extension, is there anything else i should be aware of or am I all set visa wise. I'd really appreciate some opinions/experience.

cheers.

Gareefy

No problems getting into the country or onto the plane, never heard of people being stopped yet. I came in October, no visa, no onward ticket.

The 60 day visa is very much wait and see regarding renewal. I would say you would have no problems as it is your first trip, the guys with dozens of 'visa run' stamps in their passports may have some thing to worry about.

78 days you could have done with out a visa any way, your entitled to 3/30 day exemptions just by leaving the country and re-entering every 30 days when the exemption runs out. People do this with day trips to Myanmar,Laos, Cambodia or Malaysia.

For some years I bought my tickets in Thailand directly from Thai Airwasys without protests, but that was stopped a half year ago by check-in in Copenhagen. It's run by SAS and they found out I didn't had a return or onward ticket, she checked with TGs manager who had to confirm that I must have such according to the rules. I bought a business class ticket to KL so no problem. Back in Copenhagen I got the money for that extra back except 1,800 baht.

I've been hassled twice in the US coming to thailand without a visa and only a one-way ticket. both times it was asian female employees (once EVA and the other time Korean Air) and I was able to charm my way out of it, heheh...

but since then I always buy an AirAsia ticket BKK to Cambodia when I fly to thailand from the US on a one-way ticket. I need to go to Cambodia a few times a year anyway for work, and the ticket is cheap, usually around 3,000 baht round-trip. Of course, since I'm always prepared now, I never get challenged any more...!

preahko

Archived