Wild dancing, Hot Tuna bar, a brawl and a wai

MaiLuk

Last night (Wednesday morning 3 am) I arrived at the beer bar right next to Hot Tuna to play pool with my girl. The music there is LOUD and about ten people at a nearby bar were dancing like the world was about to end. All on X IMO and no problem with that they were having a good time.

So everything was fine. Until one of the falung dancers separated from the crowd, danced his way over to hot tuna bar bar. He had shorts and no shirt, about 25 years old. He was dancing wildly. elbows flying jumping as high as he could.

The problem was that he was getting too close to the customers sitting at Hot Tuna. I was about ten feet away playing pool. I am a relaxed sort of guy but even I was a little apprehensive abouit this guy. Why the fuck didn't he stay with his group of friends?

A minute later I turned around to see this dancer kid and a guy (i'll call him Joe) who was previously sitting at the bar with his thai girl minding his own busines, now standing face to face with each other. My guess is that the dancer kid simply got too close for Joe's comfort. And the way the kid was dancing I know I would not have liked it either.

Joe landed a good punch and the kid went down. I thought he would not get up. Not only did he get up but he landed a solid punch on Joe's chin.

The next punch from Joe put the kid down for good. He tried to stagger to his feet but his legs were too shaky. Thje kid's friends calmly walked over, helped their friend to his feet and walked off. I thought "Damn, can't believe how calm they were." So I went back to playing pool.

5 minutes later the friends are back and ready for war. The thai girls with Joe and his friend got into it with one of the falung girls, and one of the dancer's farang friends went nuts, grabbed a q-ball and threw it at Joe almost hitting 3 thai girls who work at a nearby bar. Somehow it was broken up. The thai guys working at Hot Tuna deserve a medal for standing in between the warring sides.

Joe was very calm to his credit and did not escalate anything. But then the dancer's friends returned, retreated, returned, retreated and this kept going on. Thai guys in the middle each time. The q-ball tosser could not get control of himself and being not too bright, stayed on the scene for 45 minutes when the police showed up and took him away.

One funny thing about this was how the falung were belligerent but when a thai guy would grab a falung's arms to pull him or her away, the falung would then bow his head and wai the thai guy, as if to say "sorry sorry i have no problem with you." They kept doing that during every encounter. Basically they would wai by placing their palms at the top of their forehead so it was a very exaggerated wai and looked ridiculous. A sign should be posted at arrivals prohibiting farang from attempting to wai.

Wow, 'Luk... Sounds like a spectacle.

If I was Joe I would have fucked off and gone somewhere else. Then again, I hate conflict and do NOT like the idea of getting into a fight in Pattaya.

Hot Tuna's right near Dollhouse and the boxing ring, right? I'm surprised the boxing boys didn't get involved and kick some heads... I'm sure they'd love a "real" fight for a change!

And yes, farang who wai Thais like that look like twats.

Did you have your camera with you? Get any video?!

Muahahahaha, what a good read! Joe gets my Kudos for knocking Travolta Jr. out and having the peace to stay seated at the same bar. The way you've described Travolta Jr dancing I can imagine how he got in trouble. First of all shorts and no shirt, who tells them to take off their shirt? In some young brains the synapses must be totally killed by alcohol because I see these blokes everywhere. Yesterday I got a hair cut at royal gardens "Hair World" and 3 kids about 20 walked in with no shirt, only shorts and flip flops, one was sitting down to get a hair cut (he was shaved bald) it turned out they wanted to impress one of the hot ladies there.

Was wai boy untlimatively blond and was waering some kind of camouflage? I saw these 2 kids waing all the time at the sea. They where doing it just as you described, very devotive and stupid looking and started ranting afterwards because i barfined 5 ladies because it was my friends birthday and we wanted to go to Lucifer. They ranted at mamasan how she could allow 5 girls to go with 1 man, when we end a sentence with a (period) they waied! :rotl: I haven't seen anything more funny than that in all my time here.

Blondie WaiBoy had the balls to go to the tiny girl, let's call her Quan, she was going to the entrance area since she had her phone there with her friends. He grabbed her arm and since she is such a cute wee little thing she looked really scared, he was pulling her actually to his lap and her soft thin hair was revealing her way too big "chang" ears. I stood up and wanted to bring her back when the guy sees me very angry, he released her arm and waied at me! :rotl: Harmless boys just a little drunk, but Quan was shaking all over. Cute little thing!

There is more than one hot tuna bar i can never remember the different names. This one is the bar that has one pool table, and other bars in that complex each get one pool table. I stopped bringing my camera several trips ago. Probabaly a bad sign about how i don't give a fuck anymore lol.

Yes he was blond, not fat and had a "I'm a punk" type of face. Doesn't mean he is a punk but that was his look. His shorts were a dark color don't remember if camo. His buddy who thought it a good idea to throw the q-ball had short hair and kind of a big guy. A farang red head chick was with them, she was a big boned girl best way to describe her.

yeah, I always want to whack those wai-happy farangs up the side of the head (figuratively! haha) when I see them overdoing it, they have no idea how stupid they look, though they probably think they're "respecting the culture".

there are very, very few people I wai in the bar scene: basically only those older than me or the same age, but it's rare I run into such...off-hand in bangkok I can only think of a surin khmer bar owner the same age as me (47), a bar beer girl who's 49, and a gogo dancer who's 53...

the rest of them, I return their wais to me with a smile and a nod...

preahko

Archived