Afterhours and discovering a new ladyboy bar

SingaporeSteve

Saturday night took me up to Bangkok for dinner with an out of town friend. After knocking back two bottles of wine and a load of food in Nami or whatever that place in the basement is called, we decided to head over to the Sukhumvit plaza place across from the Marriott for a couple of games of pool and a relaxing evening. Nothing much of any consequence on the ground floor and we just stopped by the first bar with a pool table, ordered the beers and chew the fat for a few games. We could not help but notice every now and again some girls dressed in university uniforms and looking extremely hot unlike the one's in the bar we were in and they all seemed to be going upstairs in this complex. Come 1am, the bar was closing and my mate asked one of the ugly girls whats the story with the students to which she replied, 'Oh they work new bar - have open party tonight - must wear sexy university uniform" hmmmm - sounded interesting and far more so than anything we could see on the ground floor so up we go and blow me down - all the bars are still open and going strong. We did not know where this party was so we just went into an open fronted bar and ordered a couple of beers. Within a minute or two, it became obvious where the party was - behind closed doors in a bar tucked in the corner as we saw a couple of girls going in and out. After a few more moments, it suddenly dawned on me, that the girls were all infact ladyboys. I have to say though, these were not like the usual suspects plying there trade on Sukhumvit or outside nana but some really amazing looking very passable LB's. I think their bar closed up about sometime after regular closing time as we saw loads of them leaving and walking past us on the way out. The bar we were in was still open and busy and playing music and acting as if it was only 11pm at night. Suffice to say, we lasted a little bit longer but considerably longer than I had expected to be out in Bangkok these days and headed back to the hotel.

Cheers

SS

• 2 weeks later...

Was this in NEP or the Suk Plaza Building? If it's directly across from the Marriot, then it sounds like the Suk Plaza Building. A lot of bars upstairs and a LB bar called The Guess Bar. Heard it was new, never ventured to this place as I've heard from other forums it's not so great. If your're talking about the NEP, then it must be one of the 4 LB bars there. If it's in fact a NEW LB bar, that makes 5 now.

Its the bar complex straight over the street from the Marriott and next to the KFC drive-through. No idea what the name of the bar was - but if thats how people rate a 'not so good' ladyboy bar - then I better go and have a look at the one's in Nana. Seriously passable lb's working out of that place - only thing that gave it away was when one particularly tall one came out and was shouting in her mobile - combination of height and voice gave the game away.

Cheers

SS

The "not so good" rating was actually directed towards the complex itself...small, dingy one horse bars with aggressive BG's past their prime, etc. Apparently the LB bar there (Guess Bar)is run by an LB who used to work at the NEP and is just now up and running. Worth checking out if that's your thing. The LB bars at NEP are OK for a look-see unless you get swarmed by overly aggresive ladydrink seekers. Cheers

Checked it out this weekend before heading over to Angelwitch and grabbing my main gal. I only went there because you asked 'asia fun', any other bars I should check for you lemme know....

It was dead. A total of three customers, but the whole complex seemed dead.....I like it's locale away from nana where all the real girls I take might get jealous or upset about seeing me with a katoey.

loungey feel.....I bought everyone a drink.....and headed out.

Archived