BRITISH SPORTS PERSONS

sayjann

this thread will probably have interest to Brits but other people may have seen the programme or know the people involved.

watched a very British programme over the Weekend which has been running for 53 Years.

British Men/Women are rewarded for their efforts throught the Year and most of the votes are from the public.

and a certain individual is named Sports Personality Of The Year,but various other categories are included.

the overall winner was Zara Phillips......only the 3rd Woman/person (can't remember which) to hold both titles in the sport of 3 Day eventing.

some may not deem it a sport and i admit not to my taste and i would never watch it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_radio/sports_personality_of_the_year/6168191.stm

a bit of controversy,but whoever you are you need money to compete.

grandmother of our Queen and 35 Years since since her Mother,Princess Anne won the same award.

i didn't agree with Darren Clarke coming 2nd,it was a sympathty vote in my opinion.

he helped the Europeans win the Ryder Cup Weeks after the death of his wife.

Beth Tweedle who was 3rd was more deserving IMO as we Brits are crap at gymnastics but she became a CHAMPION.

St.Helens winning the Team of the Year was a total joke,they are playing Rubgy Laegue against Teams each Week and do fuck all else.

it's just like an American Football Team calling them WORLD Champions.........

the cup should have gone to the European Ryder Cup Team for stuffing the Yanks again.

at least the golfers were playing against opponents of quality.

and YOUNG PERSONALITY was Theo Walcott.......what fucking CRAP.

what the fuck has he done?.

the person who deserved to win was a blind Girl who has won gold and silver medals in track races.

she has a real disavantage and will never earn in her lifetime what Walcott will earn in a Month.

Walcott is privaledged but this poor Girl will struggle all her life.

and she already has medals in her hand.

i was outraged when she lost.

nice to see the special award given to David Walliams.

some maybe familiar with the comedy series 'Little Britain'

Williams is one part of the duo and he swam the English Channel (22 Miles) in less than 11 Hours and raised ONE MILLION POUNDS for charity..........top fella in my eyes.

full results........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/6220542.stm

and YOUNG PERSONALITY was Theo Walcott.......what fucking CRAP.

what the fuck has he done?.

the person who deserved to win was a blind Girl who has won gold and silver medals in track races.

she has a real disavantage and will never earn in her lifetime what Walcott will earn in a Month.

Walcott is privaledged but this poor Girl will struggle all her life.

and she already has medals in her hand.

i was outraged when she lost.

The above does sound very disturbing.

Can't say I dislike people like Walcott but I just hate the fact that they're praised into heaven before actually pissing gold. The media and others alike are a grand fucking joke at times when they praise the undeserved and leave the deserving kind in the background.

For some reason I then hope the "boy wonder" fails big time and this kind of nonsense is put to a stop.

Reminds me of the countless Pele's and Maradona's which have been presented to us (and praised to death) since the real ones retired ages ago. :dunno:

Archived