10% drive on the wrong side of the road

10% don't have back lights after dark

7% drive with 3 people on the bike

2% drive with 4 or more

12% don't have mirrors

15% don't look in their mirrors when manoeuvring

20% cut you off the road

90% drive like idiots

99% shouild not be allowed to get ona bike.

Sam lor (tricycles) are worse: drive anywhere on the road and have no lights when dark.

car drivers have a kick flashing their headlights all the time but wait to switch on lights at night until they can no longer see the road long time after the sun moved to europe...

Yesterday on the road to Sakhon Nakhon a guy pulled out of a group of cars coming from the opposite direction 2 seconds before I would hit him and sure he flashed me telling me I should get off the road (I was driving a Toyota Vigo) What an asshole :cussing:

I'm of the belief that the only suitably safe mode of transport here is a tank...the amount of accidents i see is incredible...nearly one everyday and i don't travel far or often!

I have to agree with your observations, thalenoi.

The ones that really upset me are the cars that zoom along roads like Tahan Road and Phosi Road at night at well over 100 kh/hr. I've had a couple of close calls when those jerks came out of nowhere and almost ran me down on my little 100 cc.

That's what happens in a place where many people still drive without a license, and many of those who have licenses didn't "earn them", and those who get caught can often buy their way out of trouble. That may change, but I'm not holding my breath.

Archived