Anybody seen The Atlanta Hotel?

rickfarang

Reference this URL:

http://www.theatlantahotel.bizland.com/

From its web site, the Atlanata Hotel look like it might be a nice, clean, and quiet place to stay with very reasonable prices. Being at the end of Soi 2, the location is convenient. Also from their website, I could imagine that it is an aged, run-down place that is using snob appeal to bring in customers.

Anybody have any first-hand information about the place?

Thank you in advance for any information.

Sorry, can't help, but I have to laugh when I look at their website. Not only the anti-sex tourism snob thing, but how about customer service? They only take reservations by fax. Fax??? And then they go on to say this (sounds like the freaking Hotel California - 'You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave'):

[color:blue]PLEASE NOTE that The Atlanta is normally heavily booked; and that as our guests are independent tourists and travellers, most of whom do not know exactly when they will be checking out, it is not possible for us to guarantee absolutely 100% that kind of room you would like to have will be available on the day of your arrival even after accepting your reservation. The most we can promise, realistically, is that we will keep the kind of room you would like for you if one becomes available according to your place in the reservations queue. Failing that, we have no choice but to offer you the next most suitable room. We apologise for the uncertainty, but there is nothing we can do about it! Most guests check in without knowing when they will leave; and those who know when they will leave usually end up extending their stay at The Atlanta. Please note, too, that most hotels and guest houses in our price category do not even bother to reply to a reservation fax or letter. Guests turn up and are offered whatever happens to be available regardless of the reservation. Here at The Atlanta, we make a serious attempt to give you the kind of room you wish to have. [/color]

At those prices, I can't imagine the place could be real nice, either. Might be worth checking out for one night though. Sorta like The Nana, but at the other end of the sleaze spectrum. :)

I used to stay there quite a lot. The rooms are nothing special but the foyer is interesting. I liked it because it was quiet and I met some interesting people there. As far as bringing girls back forget it. The owner is dead against P4P. I found that out the hard way. "But I'm a writer doing research on the nightlife" "You go, never come back to Atlanta."

Re Atlanta Hotel. The rooms are nothing special and reflect the prices charged. One side can be a little noisy from nearby highway. If into historic architectural design, the interior lobby should be viewed even if not staying there. The hotel restaurant just to the right when walking in is not expensive, food is good, has English newspapers, and relaxing music. There is a small swimming pool set in greenery. End of Soi and easy access to Soi 4 activity if important. I stayed there for a few nights on first visit to Thailand to get my Sukhumvit bearings.

Guys,

did you notice the french words "Le patron mange ici" = the owner eats here

which is a quality mark seen in some french restaurants - here it means that the owner himself runs the place according to his whimsy whims

The Atlanta does not welcome SEX TOURISTS,

and does not try to be polite about it.

Borderline cases are not given the benefit of the doubt,

but are treated as sex tourists.

the foyer is cool-looking. some friends of mine stayed there and from their reports, the owner is kind of a psycho, the "no sex tourists" rule is only the tip of the iceberg, they told me there are long lists of stringent regulations on just about everything posted throughout the hotel...

and yes, they only accept reservations by fax...or snail mail. talk about being stuck back in time!!

preahko

The father Henn is dead.. and subsequently the son Henn is a luk krung cunt :banghead::doah:

Please pardon my French. The son is where the stringent zealous policies come from in general. He is alot more of a prick with the staff too, and a number of the old girls quit when he took over.

Indeed there was a time when you could take a "guest" up to the room if she did not look like a proper prostitute for a fee, which evaporated with the young Henn. I personally never had a problem with the place and have stayed in the hotel. I abandoned it as the place has a steam of arrogance rising off it like a pile of shit. Even the restaurants menu is not free from his whimsy and big mouth. Plus I was a kid back then and did not have $$ to stay in a proper hotel.

Hang out with these "independent" travelers at your own risk. YMMV.

TheNumbers

Archived