Rental Houses, Do you own any? On buying rental houses for investments

Yes your math is right, and that ROR sucks for a real estate project unless the owner can expect strong future increases in the rental rate and/or sell at some point for a much higher price (which would be predicated on higher rents or a higher use for the property).

I know 3 personns (just relations not close friends) doing this business.

2 of them are chinese thai and one is american.

First, you can not own land.

There is a way to do it but you have absolutely to get an excellent thai lawyer.

they do not "rent" houses, they do rent when it is not convenient to sell.

They basically buy lands or houses etc... and sell them for a higher price after.

(like yesterday they bought 2 shophouses next the airport and 2 condos in BKK for almost nothing and they have already potential buyers for 3-4 times the price)

I could say a lot more but what I mean is now that I met these people (or call them real sharks)

I would say this: When it is about land ownership it is already difficult for a foreigner, turning that into a business is very risky.......

Are you suggesting the "sharks" do nothing and just sell at 3-4 times the price?

A lot of small foreign and Thai developers had been buying older properties, fixing them up, and then selling for a higher price. However, they do have to fix the place up, make it looks nice, market the property, and wait for a foreign buyer willing to buy. Usually, they buy at a discount from a foreigner who is desperate to leave Thailand quickly or a Thai in need of quick cash.

This was happening in Pattaya until recently. Now the market has slowed down significantly with the political and investment situation.

Archived