Another crackdown in Pantip?!

I went over to pantip yesterday hoping to load up on some high end Mac programs. The first sign of trouble was when I spotted a police/security guy at the door checking some farangs purchased goods. When I got inside, all the small shops on the ground floor that sold programs and movies were closed up! I then checked upstairs and most or all the shops that sold software were closed. Is this a temporary event? I hope it'll end soon. Hehe, I was with my NEP girl and she said, "Just like Nana, cannot show."

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They finally doing something substantial about the piracy in Thailand. Expect also other venues to be targetted in the same way. Instead of only talking about a piracy crackdown someone got the brilliant idea that sending out some cops to the venues where pirated stuff is sold could also be of help.

Thailand has to get rit of it's bad name in business ethics (because that's what it is all about) to attract new foreign investment.

Yes there are some external pressure on Thai Goverment to hit down on that busiess.

I think the crackdowns will come and go in waves and the business behind them are simular to the crackdowns on the sex industry more than external pressure.

But I am sure that foreign investment will not come to Thailand becouse closing down Pantip or some other busiess involved in pirate business. The reson that many foreign companies dont invest is Thailand is based on something complete diffrent and is much worse than pirate businsess, but I dont think this board allow talks about that.

Anyway thats is what I think smile.gif" border="0

Is this still going on, or is this just a one day wonder.

quote:

Originally posted by tyler durden:

I went over to pantip yesterday hoping to load up on some high end Mac programs. The first sign of trouble was when I spotted a police/security guy at the door checking some farangs purchased goods. When I got inside, all the small shops on the ground floor that sold programs and movies were closed up! I then checked upstairs and most or all the shops that sold software were closed. Is this a temporary event? I hope it'll end soon. Hehe, I was with my NEP girl and she said, "Just like Nana, cannot show."

Archived