CNN Trash News

dddave

CNN has been running a feature this week on child prostution in Cambodia. What a piece of garbage!

They claim 50,000 to 100,000 "child sex workers" in Phnom Phen alone without the slightest bit of proof. They open with film shot at least 15 years ago, some of the film is black and white and looks to be from the '60's...they just keep showing the same endless loops over and over.

They interviewed a former prostitute who runs a shelter which was OK, but the voice over then repeats the outlandish figure of "hundreds of thousands" of child prostitutes in the city with the government doing nothing about it.

Then then play an interview of a woman who was a former government official. She blames it all on the rich and also claims that the government does nothing while "tens of thousands of children are exploited daily."

What a piece of total trash. Yes, prostitution does exist in Phnom Phen and there is still a problem with underage girls and boys, but nothing on the scale they claim. Child prostitution and sex exploitation exists everywhere.

The government and police have been very active in targeting pedos the last few years. Many of the worse offending areas such as K-11 have been shut down. To say they are doing nothing is wrong.

If anyone is exploiting child sex workers in Phnom Phen, it's CNN

Sensationalism...and rehashed easy pickings...there are thousands of underage prostitutes working in every western country....that's a fact....Cambodia is just an easy target....i don't know why they re-do these stories over and over every few months, just changing the country....always it's some third world country, when a huge amount of child abuse takes place in western nations. I don't recall the exact percentage but i recall a piece last year which said the USA hosts the majority of the worlds underage websites...what are CNN doing about that?

There is a problem in Cambodia, for sure, it is being gradually addressed, but there are problems in every country...pieces like this are meaningless and avoid looking at the true nature of this crime. I would also suggest that a person with an inclination to such behaviour will be drawn to Cambodia as a result of this 'reporting'....so it helps little and may even cause a crime to occur.

And yes, avoid CNN and FOX...i detest FOX, it's a propaganda machine, nothing more.

Guest lazyphil

I think its good they share this imformation to the world, its where scum go to prey on kids with some impunity, daily almost we here of pedophiles at work in the uk on uk children why not highlight problems elsewhere?....

I think its good they share this imformation to the world, its where scum go to prey on kids with some impunity, daily almost we here of pedophiles at work in the uk on uk children why not highlight problems elsewhere?....

It probably does help a bit Phil. Cambodia has cleaned up its act a lot recently because of media exposure. But the main offenders there in the underrage market are Chinese and Japanese and local men. That is never mentioned.

The stuff that goes on with young girls in western cities is really disgusting too and needs to be tackled. Very easy to wander round Poipet with a video camera....not so easy to get into the crack houses of Atlanta.

Archived