Any fast internet access in Pattaya?

stumpy

quote:

Originally posted by Stump_Dog:

I have tried the Explorer internet cafe's who claim ISDN but on speaking to the staff the admit they are only connection at 64k which shared over 10 or more machine is pretty slow.

Yeah, I don't get ISDN. 64-128kbps Loxinfo clams, but appearanly it more to the low end of the scale. Big deal! I get a dialup conncetion from them at 56kbps that works just great. Sorry, can't help here. You're best bet is to make sure you're the only customer using an ISDN or 56K connection.

However.... you might have a look at the Telecom Center's (at pattata south rd and 3rd rd) public machines, as supposedly their lines are fast (and they're cheap too!)

Hi!

Another alternative if you are far from big C is the Royal Garden Plaza. The internet cafe on the second floor has an ISDN connection and is faster than other places I have used in Pattaya. They also charge 2 baht/minute but if you plan to use them alot you can buy vouchers and get it cheaper.

regards

ALHOLK

Stump_Dog,

Whats up, do you live in Thailand now? I have used the internet cafe across the driveway from the Flipper Lodge on Soi 8. It wasn't the fastest but faster than most,the price I think was 1 1/2 baht per minute. Maybe I used it because of the beerbar that was out in front.

Can anyone suggest an internet cafe with a decent connection in Pattaya? I have used a couple in BKK with really great speeds but can't seem to find anything similar in Pattaya.

I have tried the Explorer internet cafe's who claim ISDN but on speaking to the staff the admit they are only connection at 64k which shared over 10 or more machine is pretty slow.

Thanks in advance...

Archived