Tiny Blur's last days?

Flashermac

The Daily Telegraph

2 Feb 2007

Cameron: Blair is 'losing it'

By George Jones,

It is time for Tony Blair to take a "reality check" and realise it is all over for his premiership, David Cameron, the Conservative leader, declares in an interview in tomorrow's Daily Telegraph.

"I think he is losing it slightly but everyone else can see that the power is fading away," Mr Cameron said.

But he warned that there will be a "legitimacy problem" for Gordon Brown if he takes over in No 10, because Mr Blair told the voters at the last election in 2005 that he would serve a full third term of up to five years - and not quit after just two.

Mr Cameron said that Mr Blair appeared to be the only person who did not believe it was now time for him to go - while Cabinet Ministers were more worried about their own jobs than what was happening in the country.

"The Cabinet is dysfunctional. If you look at what they're all saying to become deputy leader they are trashing part of his record so it's dysfunctional and needs to be sorted out for the good of the country. I just think the Government's reached that tipping point of losing internal and external confidence," he said.

advertisement

"It seems to me itâ??s got to that point where everyone in parliament, everyone in government, everyone in the press, everyone in the country is thinking: 'Hello! Itâ??s over,'" Mr Cameron said.

Mr Blair today refused to bring forward his plans to leave office by the autumn because of the cash for honours investigation, saying: "You will have to put up with me for a bit longer."

But the Prime Minister appeared to acknowledge the damage the police inquiry was doing to his reputation when he refused to repeat the assurance he gave after the Bernie Ecclestone affair at the beginning of his premiership that he believed the public saw him as a "pretty straight kind of guy".

Interviewed on BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Mr Blair said he was now a different sort of person.

He was not going to "beg for my character in front of anyone".

"I am not going to get into a situation where I am pleading for my integrity, not even in front of the British public," he said.

It is all a mess.

Normally Prime Ministers announce their retirement and do then: not wait for twelve months.

The result is a political void, but it seems he will stay to at least after the May 5th. Local and Scottish elections. That is so he takes the flack, for likely appaling results, not his succesor...probably Gordon Brown

Good lord i dispise Cameron, all this bollox is just so he gets rid of the Tories nemesis...they couldn't beat him in the polls, he's made a laughing stock of countless Tory leaders and they only way they can get rid of him is by his resignation. Cameron and his fuckwit nationslistic buddies don't even know what integrity means.

Sure Blair is an enormous twat, but Cameron is a two faced lying sack of shit. It's dumb and dumber time folks...just like in America we get a choice of a stupid idiot or a really stupid idiot...isn't it time someone got rid of these pointless career politicians?

Archived