GPRS

Sukhumvit

As an admitted Luddite afraid of electrickery and things of that ilk I have to say that I'm thoroughly confused as to what to do about getting my laptop sorted for internet on the move. Anyone with experience/advice as to best packages to buy would be much appreciated. Am in Pattaya right now and know where the big computer mall is near Soi Day Night. It's just that there's a plethora of merchandise available. :confused:

Have found several packages which seem reasonable but not sure where to start. One retails at 5900 baht for plug in USB modem thingie. You have to buy extra credits for the network. It comes with 40 hours credit but you can get six hour packages for 50 baht, 20 hours for 100 baht and 400 hours for 900 baht. Sony Ericsson do another similar one which is several thousand baht more expensive.

Anyone recommend a package that I can use both in Thailand and take overseas. Thinking of moving on to Laos/Cambodia/China in next few weeks/months. Would be handy if could still use the service outside LOS. Maybe even back in the UK.

So, internet boffins fire away. :)

You can afford the Sony E extra few thousands & then you know you're gonna get the real deal which will work globally on the GSM, GPRS, UMTS networks.

About subscription plans only yourself would know better.

If light user no need to prepay/tie up too much just pay as you go.

On the other if a real internet nerd like most of us here on thai360 go for a flat rate if at all possible alternatively a high usage plan...

Hope that helped ;)

It's not only PTY that's *blessed* with EDGE & it's *high speed* data transfers.

BKK & most places actually DTAC & also AIS have deployed EDGE since years :angel:

Well in Germany, Europe, Americas & elsewhere in Asia we now use 3.5G offering 1.5Mbps connections or better than many DSL offerings in LOS though ;)

Archived