Changing ISP to AOL

Sukhumvit

Okay as a technical luddite this question may seem facile to all the computer whizzes out there.

I'm thinking of changing my current ISP to AOL. I was with AOL until about 3 years ago when I moved and got a new ISP from a disc which had no monthly charge.

The downside is that if I access the internet more than usual then phonebills can start to creep up. That's when AOL's current UK package of £14.99 all in, including internet calls, looks attractive.

Now, if I switch over to AOL will there be any technical glitches? Can I still access mail from my old ISP or do I need to warn regular maillers that I'm changing, (that's not such a bind as I've got a couple of other addresses, Yahoo, Hotmail etc)? Or is it possible to save the contents of the inbox some way, either to the hard drive of my pc or to disc?

Currently with Netscapeonline if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. cool.gif" border="0

Sukhumvit

Second reply to you today..... we must stop meeting like this.

If you access your e-mail via Microsoft outlook express you can use it to open all your mailboxes irrespective of the service provider.

I use my "base" computer to open all posts from Hotmail, Bangkok.com, and the ISP.

When in BKK with internet based accounts ie Hotmail no problem, I have to remember a password for the ISP mail but I can open it anywhere.

So your original ISP e-mail address can still be kept current plus all your internet based addresses can be checked at once. AOL can just be used as the channel to get "online". Makes sense if the bills add up.

coquetislander

"If you access your e-mail via Microsoft outlook express you can use it to open all your mailboxes irrespective of the service provider".

bearing in mind i don't have a degree in electronic engineering is there a way you could explain how? very useful.

Farangbaa - Opening mail from other providers via Microsoft Outlook Express.

Click here for details

This link should explain it better than I can

The pertinent bit is called "identity management. I've managed toi set it up so it can't be too challenging <grin>

[ June 05, 2001: Message edited by: coquetislander ]

Archived