crazy stuff?

dabbish

I'm not gonna be alot of help as my translator isn't the best.

She said it's some kind of a game. Something about 10 guys and 10 girls go on a minibus and what happens after that, I have no idea. I hope she wasn't lying to me about the first part so maybe someone else will be able to come through with more of it.

It must be some kind of a play on words that I can't follow.

It starts out with a bus having 10 gals aboard. It asks what colour is the bus. Answer: "sii heeb" ... uh, box colour? :dunno:

If 10 guys get on the bus, what colour will it change too? "sii sip hieow" Huh?

It gets even goofier after that.

Must be some off colour joke in slang I don't know.

(Also, about the childish level so many Thais like!)

It must be some kind of a play on words that I can't follow.

It starts out with a bus having 10 gals aboard. It asks what colour is the bus. Answer: "sii heeb" ... uh, box colour? :dunno:

If 10 guys get on the bus, what colour will it change too? "sii sip hieow" Huh?

oh, it's kind of cute and funny in a southeast asian way. what they're doing is giving you several words which you have to swap the initial consonants on. very common type of wordplay with thai, khmer, lao, probably others.

any thai would figure out the joke instantly as soon as they got to the end of each sentence, they're almost trained in the consonant-switching game, and usually expect it to be dirty. btw, in english we call the words formed from this type of word play "spoonerisms". an example (particularly appropriate, as you'll see below), is "what's the difference between a circus and a chorus line?" answer: "a circus is an array of cunning stunts..." you can figure out the rest.

so what you get when you switch the initial consonants of "sii hip" is "hii sip" (10 cunts, because there are ten women, each with a cunt, on the bus).

in the second one, you switch the consonants on the first and third word, "sii sip hiaw", and you get "hii sip siaw" (ten excited cunts...the girls' pussies get excited because the guys got on the bus).

note that I'm not particularly fond of saying "cunt" when referring to women's vaginas, but there's no other word that accurately translates thai "hii" into english.

preahko

Archived