Bars that allow pictures?

Like I did before my first trip to LOS (two years ago), I am now following this board in anticipation of my second trip.

Last time I had a blast at the Long Gun. The show was a real eye-opener laugh.gif" border="0 . When I returned home my freinds were amazed at my description. I was always asked if I took pics.

Now don't flame me. I mean no disrespect to the girls by wanting to bring home pics. But I had heard that there were some places that did allow pictures.

Anyone know if it is true that some places do allow pictures? Or was I misinformed?

The only time that I have ever left a gogo bar with great pictures was when I knew one of girls who worked there and she was having a birthday party. (This was almost ten years ago at the Cowboy I Bar on Soi Cowboy.) I showed up with my camera and a couple of rolls of film, handed it to the birthday girl and didn't get it back til the place was closing. When I got the film developed I had some GREAT shots. I made a second set of prints and dropped them off at the bar and had another GREAT time watching everyone's reactions as they relived the events of a few nights before.

I think, if you have even the slightest aquaintance with a gogo dancer (or maybe even if you don't, but have a little charm instead) and fibbed that it was your birthday and wanted some shots taken of you in the bar and then just shooed her away for a while you have some great photos on the roll. Thai girls love taking and posing for and looking at photos. (Almost as much as they love mirrors.)

Just don't try to snap any yourself or you'll be asked to put the camera away and if you persist it will be a problem.

Good luck and let us know how you make out. Guido.

I have never had problemswhen taking pics of the girls in beerbars.In fact they love to pose for the pics.

The gogo's is a different story: lot of gogo-owners go paranoia when they see a camera in the bar.

Some guys who are good friends with the owner can take pics inside the bar if they're lucky, but better not to it without asking permission;it can cause you a lot of trouble.

Taking pics of the shows is a big 'no no'.

I've also had no problem with girls in beer bars but the go go's are a different story a friend of mine got some and how he did it was buy one of those disposable cameras get to know the girls well in one of the go go's start joking with one of the girls that he wants to take her pic and she took the camera of him and took the pic's for him. If the they break the camera it's not too much lost. As they say nothing ventured nothing gained.

P.S. the girls will probably want a copy as they love photos of themselves laugh.gif" border="0

tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0 Years ago I used to photograph whenever I liked in go go bars. But now many of the girls wear boots only and don't want to see themselves on the web, the bar owners don't want to get in trouble with the police, etc. Have your picture taken in a go go bar with a girl you are buying drinks for and try to capture the go go dancing in the background. Frequent the same bar for several nights before flashing any camera and even then be careful.

Cheers!

It's not only the bar owners and dancers who don't want the evidence of what they're doing put onto film. It's often a lot of the customers! You stand an equally good chance of being punched out by a customer who thinks you may have taken his photo as you do getting biffed by the bouncers (male type).

Best advice is don't do it, people have ended up in a hospital taking pics...

I read a good trick on the Delphi board in a similar discussion: buy a disposable camera and give it to one of the girls and let her run around and play with it for 15 minutes or so...

I have taken pix,but I am on extremely good terms with one of the girls at one of the upstairs bars and the pix were of myself and the girl,taken by another bargirl. Pix of dancers onstage would probably not be allowed. I would be willing to bet that some of the old hands who are expats and know lots of bar owners and bargirls could get away with this. Many of these bar owners are trying to keep a low profile and don't want more ammunition given to feminists and others,look at it from their viewpoint. ENJOY!

Archived