Don't answer the door at 4:30 am, you idiot!!

Ranger

Last night, after having a very nice night out with the gang and our gals, I went home for what I thought would be a quiet night. Boy, was I ever wrong! I awoke at 4:30 am from a sound sleep to the sounds of violent pounding and my girlfriend screaming and ran into the living room. My girlfriend was hysterical and standing in front of the door. I asked what the hell was happening and she mumbled something about there being a naked girl out in the hallway. I peered through the peephole and didn't see anything, so I slowly opened the door and saw a very scared, shaking and buck naked girl curled up next to our door. She got up and waied be and asked me to please help her. The thought that flashed through my mind is that one of my neighbors had beaten her up or something and she needed help, so I let her in the apartment. (Note: after the fact, I find out that my GF had heard someone pounding on the door, and thought it might be her sister as her sister had called around 3 am, slightly drunk, asking to come over. When she went to the door, she looks through the peephole and sees this naked girl running at the door and kicking and pounding. Still thinking it might be her sister, she opens the door and the naked girl tries to force her way in. She fights her back and manages to close and lock the door. Then I come along and let her in! Well, I was still half asleep and not thinking very clearly.)

Once the girl is in the apartment, she starts muttering something about Buddha and saying "please mister" over and over. She looks like a frightened wild animal and is very skittish moving about. I tell the girlfriend to go get her some clothes to wear, and she comes back with a towel. The naked girl won't even cover herself with the towel and continues to rant about Buddha and keeps talking about a Pi (ghost). I again send the girlfriend into the bedroom and tell her again to get some clothes that this girl to wear that she can live without. Never ask a Thai girl to chose some clothes to sacrifice from her wardrobe, damn! The naked girl follows my girlfriend into the bedroom and I rush after her. The naked girl procedes to climb on the bed and continues to rant about ghosts and Buddha. I gently remove her from the bed and lead her back into the living room. I try to calm her down, telling her to put on some clothes and I will give her taxi money and take her out and put her in a taxi so she can go home. I put 100B in her hand and tell her again that I'll help her get to a taxi so she can get home. She won't put the clothes on and gets down on her knees and waied me again and saying "please mister" and "oh my Buddha" and rambling more about ghosts. The girlfriend finally manages to get her to put on some shorts, but she still won't put the top on. At this point, I decide that maybe we should get security involved and the girlfriend calls them and explains the situation.

They arrive in a couple minutes and after they threatened to call the police, she finally puts the top on and they drag her out of my apartment. The girlfriend then fills me in on what she had been ranting about. She had gone with a Farang named Steve who was trying to put a spell on her and let a ghost enter her body and she was calling on Buddha to help her fight off the ghost. Of course, she really was just whacked out of her fucking mind on ya-ba! It took us a couple hours to calm down and get back to sleep after that, and the girlfriend wasn't real pleased that I had opened the door and let this psycho in our apartment. Like I said, I was only half awake and my first (probably wrong) instinct was to help this girl who was in trouble. What a night!

Ranger

[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: Ranger ]

Ranger,

I entirely symathise. I once answered a knock on the door at 7am to find two girls I know how were both out of their minds after drinking and taking God knows what all night.

Like you I want to help but in the end had to get security to throw them out. Not a whole heap of fun as he kept asking why I had told them to come to the room and simply would not accept they were uninvited and unwanted.

All in all you sound to have handled this well though and brought it to a good conclusion.

Archived