Pattaya Music Festival

exit2dos

It is free

thank god they moved it away from beach road, last year it blocked the city for 3 entire days, and took you 90 minutes to go from Pattaya Klang to Walking Street even when you walked!

I guess the Thais have realised that 95% of the farangs don't give a shit about Thai Music and since they didn't care to hire a farang band it is just fair to move it away from the main road! I guess too many people have complained that it really bothers their holidays!

However, some good bands last year, though, I liked it but I also prefer the streets not to be blocked!

Yes, that's where it is. I just looked it up on the internet. I have a couple of phone numbers I'll call later. Friday's line up is best, but I have to be in BKK that day.

I'll call or go to the venue to get tickets/info.

Thai pop music is great. There is nothing currently as interesting coming from US or England and I'm sick of hearing the same old doo doo over and over, unless live, in concert, with original artists.

The Eagles, Creedance Clearwater, Stones, etc., were great in their day, but I'm bored listening to stuff from the past, all the time.

My exception is Bob Dylan, who has a great new album and band (saw him last summer) and Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons ( saw him 7 times last year.)

I go to scores of concerts in US, but like it when they come up with new material.

Anyway blocking Beach Road for a music Festival would have been very cool. But I'll take what I can get.

Archived