Christies Soi 33

phiketpete

I understand that Christies Bar the first bar on the left as you walk in from Sukhumvit has recently reopened.

Has anyone been there since.?

I had my doubts that it would reopen after the renovations as business was very poor prior to its closure.

Is it the same owner?

I understand that the format is a little different than before and 50 or so new girls have been employed for our entertainment.

The previous ladies having been scattered around the other Soi 33 bars and beyond.

About 4 weeks ago it wasn't open. I don't normally do Soi 33 but I was up there with some buddies. Yes it was the first bar on the left off Suk.

I can confirm it has reopened.

Soft opening was this past Monday. OIffical opening will be Friday night.

Same owner as before , all new girls about 50.

The previous group of girls having moved on to Napoleon and other such bars in the soi.

The owner has spent much on refurbishment and has attempted to move the bar upmarket.

Out have gone the pool table , the dart board and at least one of the TV's.

also no more is the 'dance area' and thus neither is the late night "disco" which they used to advertise. Food still available. Kitchen is in the back courtyard which can be a nice spot for a private drink if the weather cooperates

Music now is "soft jazz" --made a pleasant change.

The bar has the feel of one in a high class hotel. "antiques" on the wall and "leather" sofas in the sitting area.

Girls looked Ok. the " uniforms" are apparently not ready so they were dressed in streetclothes. They certainly did not look like typical bar girls more in keeping with thee move upmarket and the Soi in general and many appeared new to the environment.

How will it do?

For me I have always had a soft spot for the bar so I will venture in from time to time for a quiet drink.

last night it was very quiet. I was the only customer whilst drinking my 2 beers 6.30 - 8.30.

It is expensive.

the girls were alittle standoffish.

The mamasan broughtr one over to me and everyone else stayed well away despite me being the only customer in the place.

Perhaps I will pop in again on friday night

[ June 21, 2001: Message edited by: phiketpete ]

Archived