Urgent info on Q bar needed

Hi all. Will land in BKK on Saturday (6 guys incl. one newbie heheheheh) and would like to go to Q bar on soi 7. I have heard roumors lately that it has gone downhill! Therefore I would like to ask the enlightened members of this board..WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME TO GO TO Q Bar.. (sorry for shouting...got carried away by travel jitters)and is it worth a visit nowadays? laugh.gif" border="0

After only one short visit in Q Bar I wouldn't like to pass any judgement, only so much that it looked pretty dark in there and - more importantly - that it's located in Sukhumvit Soi 11.

When I went there on a Saturday it cost an admission fee of 300 Baht after 11 p.m., which seemed a bit steep.

THX S.B.

Hell, when I venture that far down a soi the is usually very late..hard to remember where I went...soi 11 indeed. 300 B wauuu It better be good :-D

I was there only once around ten at night and it was pretty empty. I guess it is a late night place. My girlfriend pointed out that the waitress I said was pretty was a ladyboy. Hey, what can I say??

Cheers!

Hi Sombat...that was not exactly what I expected...but thx for the warning.

But that rather depressing info will not ruin my mood...I guess there are several other places where one could get entertained

crazy.gif" border="0

Just wanted to show some of my freinds that BKK is more than NEP,CEP,SC etc.

q bar is known more as a hangout for wealthy thais and expats that like to drink pricey hard liquor- they specialize in drinks that nobody else can import into thailand such as upscale single malt scotch and flavored vodkas- management has runners bring it in- don't go looking to pick up girls- most people are there on dates- as for the cover charge on fridays and saturdays (300 baht), it is refunded from your drink orders- a lot of techno beat music and many customers seem "high"-

Thanx Tanha, that sounds more like it.... Can you tell me more about what time to go?

This sounds cool...we ..eeer some of us are married and just want to hang out in a cool bar, for us Sanuk is limited to looking and drinking.

soibaet

q bar is very busy on friday and saturday evenings as it's a locals place- after 900pm it gets busy- good for just people watching- also has a balcony on second floor with outside tables for watching life on soi 11 go by

if you like drinks such as the macallan single malt scotch, absolut pepper martinis, etc- you'll like the drink menu- largest selection of alcohol in los

i'd meet you there but i'm back in usa for annual trip to pay my taxes!! boy is that a come down

tanha

Sounds to be a place for me and freinds. Sorry to hear that you have to go back to farrangland. I'll be in LOS for a month relaxing at a Southern Beach. Will arrive in BKK again on 23rd July for a few dayz then it is back to work, hope to meet up next time

Archived