UK Marriage Visa

SpiceMan

I proposed to my Thai girlfriend and she accepted. We are planning to get married later this year and to live in the UK. That means she needs a visa. I believe the only visa type for which she is eligable is a marriage visa. One complication is that I am between jobs at the moment having spent much of the last 6 months with my girlfriend in Thailand and surrounding countries. I am now back in the UK and plan to start work in the next couple of months.

What is the procedure for applying for a marriage visa? Do I need to start work before we apply?

• 3 weeks later...

I do know that the application process is a mine field,expensive and if you fuck it up which is very easy to do,the next application will be even more difficult.

It is definetly worth your while hiring an immigration consultant who knows all the pitfalls and knows his way around the whole process and who prepares the forms and does all the leg work.

I can put you on to one if you so wish and he has a Thai Mrs and before he goes ahead and you enter into a contract,he will advise you as to your likelyhood of getting the correct result.

And no,I'm not any sort of commission if I put any business his way.

Archived