Who Lives in the PI

rmorris22

Who all that read this forum live in the PI?

I live in BF homes Paranaque. I worked here as an expat for 2 years and am now retired here. Retired two months ago. As I am only 50, I must say it sounds strange to say I am retired.

Anyway, daily life is getting just a wee bit boring. I just hang with the wife and baby.

Of course with my luck I met and married the only Filipina that does NOT want to live in America.

How do you say: "Golf anyone?"

I have lived in Cebu City for most of the past four years. I have a day-time job to keep me busy. The highlight of each weekend is visiting a local shopping mall !!! I can while away most evenings drinking beer, which is cheap and good. The options here are limited. If you read forums about ex-pat life in the Philippines, they often paint a rosy picture. But I find the place quite dissappointing compared to the rest of SE Asia. It seems to appeal more to those with religion. Plenty of churches and religious book shops.

I do find it easier to communicate with and relate to people here. And the climate is right for me. Can't stand the English winters.

Who all that read this forum live in the PI?

I live in BF homes Paranaque. I worked here as an expat for 2 years and am now retired here. Retired two months ago. As I am only 50, I must say it sounds strange to say I am retired.

Anyway, daily life is getting just a wee bit boring. I just hang with the wife and baby.

Of course with my luck I met and married the only Filipina that does NOT want to live in America.

How do you say: "Golf anyone?"

I'm not sure what you're looking for. If you're planning on engaging in any monkey business you've probably given a bit more info about yourself than you should; you've given anyone who wants to track you down a good head start.

If you're bored then take up some hobbies, mix with Filipinos, learn Tagalog, do volunteer work, find another job, or start a business of your own. Most well-to-do Filipinos never stop working and you'll fit in better as a professional than as a man of leisure. Good luck!

Archived