sending money (prepaid card)

gettingno

Searching the web about some information about sending money to somebody I came along this side, https://www.unionpluscashcard.com/ . Does anybody has any experiance with this prepaid Union Plus MasterCard?

Since this card has the Cirrus Logo on it I think it's possible to get cash at most ATM's in thailand and of course more important...... to control the spending. Could be cheaper than sending money via swift etc.

All-

I have a close freind who sends money overseas as well... He uses the Visa Buxx system (www.visabuxx.com).. They are, in actuality, a rechargeable, debit card..

You can 'load' whenever you want and how much you like.. I believe the fee is 2% or so.. Maybe lower... Is perfectly fine for overseas use as the card is branded as "Visa"..

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

@hall

Just ordered one card to try it and it seems that you don't have to be a member of american union as long as you pay (or load the card) with a valid visa or mastercard.

@UPSer

I also looked at the visa buxx, the only problem is that this card is designed for children. I looked at the net and found that some banks ask for a social serurity number of the child which could be a problem of course. You could give them some false information about birthdate etc. I don't know if they check this.

gettingno--

Yes, the VisaBuxx card system is really designed for teens, but ANYONE can use it.. even if you (the card user) does NOT have a SSN... My friend who is the "parent" set up the card here in the US with BofA, so that he could 'send' money to his gf "the teen" overseas... He too said that the system required a SSN... but he called and explained to the rep that the true user wasn't a teen nor did she have a SSN.. The rep said it was ok and walked him thru the on-line application over the phone..

My friend says that it has worked perfectly.. He even setup an "allowance schedule" whereby HIS bank account is debited every week, on the same day, for a pre-set amount.. Not bad..

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Archived