Airport

I know this was covered on the old board but anyway - what's there to do and prices, how to get there etc on a Friday stopover at Don Muang

Austen

JAYBLOOM

I mean what is there to do in the Airport area and how to get to the facilities from the Airport. I know there is an Amari Hotel

with a fishbowl nearby but I've never been able to work out how to get there and I don't know the prices - mind you I am someone who can travel across continents but has dificulties seeing a sign 3 feet in front of his nose :-)

"mind you I am someone who can travel across continents but has dificulties seeing a sign 3 feet in front of his nose :-)"

Same with me in LOS. It's so frustrating when I cannot read the Thai script. I feel like I have no idea what's going on.

The common wisdom on this board is that if you have a layover in BKK, the best thing to do is to take the 30 minute taxi ride to Sukhumvit and to have you Sanuk there. I believe that there is a place to check your bags at the airport. Jay

• 4 weeks later...

The amari airport, VERY EXPENSIVEMASSAGE! I got just a normal one and it was like 30 USD or something like that. If I wanted to do a pretty girl it would have been over 90 USD. You can try the barbershops in the airport, the best being the one over in the domestic by burger king.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried the Amari- would agree it's expensive (paid $100 for the standard 2 hr massage), but OK if you don't have time to get into the city. Just go across the bridge, you can leave your bag with the attendent at the top of the other side, tell him you're going to the restaurant or such. Then up to the 5th fl massage. You get a line up, not a fish bowl.

Other alternatives include getting a taxi driver to take you to a short term place (get the taxi at departures on the upper floor- not the ones on the lower floor who have been waiting hours for a fare into the city). Or there was a recent report on Dexterhorn of service in the airport (BJ) at the hair cut place- don't know how reliable that report is.

Friendly

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the previous posters... Your BEST bet is if you've got a layover of three or more hours, check your luggage in at terminal 1 (safe, secure and open 24hrs) Then you should get a taxi (try to find a ride share with another arriving farang) and go to ANY of the go-go's in the Sukhumvit area... Like EVERYTHING at airports worldwide.... always more expensive and lower quality..

--UPSer smile.gif" border="0

Archived