Asian air travel with Russians

stanlaurel

Why do they have to get on my nerves? Why do they try so hard to get on my nerves? As if all the Korean and mainland Chinese tour groups weren't enough to deal with on inter-Asian travel, now the Russian tries to out-do the merry band of travel morons single-handedly:

WHAT? DO YOU SAY? I CAN'T HEAR YOU. WHAT? MY HEADPHONES? TAKE OFF? WHY? OH, HELLO COUNTRYMAN THREE ROWS BEHIND ME, HELLO!, HEEA! LADY BRING ANOTHER RED WINE AND COGNAC AND GIN TONIC! AND THESAME FOR MY FRIEND. WHAT!? HEADPHONES? YES, GOOD!

No, not like Borat. They are nasty, not erratic. Even the women. Right now I see more sense in banning track suits than water bottles...

....pfffffffffffffffffhhhhh *breathe*.........

Max

My father met the Russians on the Elbe in Germany in late WWII. (His battalion had actually been moving on Berlin, until they were ordered to fall back and let the Soviets have the city.) He told me his first encounter with the Russkies was when they raced through the camp, poking into everything, fiddling with ALL the radios ... shouting MOSKVA, MOSKVA. I gather he wasn't too fond of them.

Archived