Soi Eric .Phuket

• 4 weeks later...

I aksed that same question one night sitting in Soi Eric. I was told he was some guy from Germany that owned the whole Soi. Whether that's right or not? Who knows? In any event, it's a decent place to hang out. Whoever the guy is, he had the right idea. Him and the guy the own Rock Hard.

Rex cool.gif" border="0

FYI, I did meet the Eric, the owner of the Soi which bears his name, about a year and a half ago, to discuss some business with him.

I don't know his background and I can't even remember his last name. He appeared to be in his mid thirties and from somewhere in

Europe, I think he did have an accent.

One of the bar owners told me that it was Eric's concept to run the Soi with one DJ for all the beer bars and focus on cleanliness and uniform lighting to attract customers and distinguished his beer bar plaza from all others. It certainly is a good idea and, just speaking for myself, a vast improvement on the chaos and circus atmosphere of most other beer plazas.

He seemed like a nice guy who wants to run his operation with the best interest of his customers in mind.

I asked one of the bar girls on Soi Eric that question a couple weeks ago. She pointed him out in the bar across from us saying "That he, man with no hair and no smile".

Archived