The Big Dipper and the mathematically challenged

robaus

A mate of mine got pickocketed 4000 baht at Coyotees Gogo last night and I got short changed.

Iâ??ve no idea who dipped himâ?¦ waitress, or customer?? It definitely happened in the bar, because heâ??s a generous bloke and had had his money out a couple of times to tip the dancers. Heâ??s a bloody idiot for sticking his money in his back pocket anyway â?? folded loosely, not in a wallet (that would have been even easier!). Arthur Guinness may have had a part to play as well.

Since I got pick pocketed on a baht taxi 2 years ago I always carry my money (never any credit cards and only enough for the nightâ??s boozing and barfine) in my front pocket in one of those wallets with a thin chain attached that you clip to a loop on your trousers. Not 100% prevention, but some peace of mind however pissed I get. You very soon get used to it. No hassle at all.

The short change could have been the result of a joint bin. I usually ask for separate bins. â??Yahk binâ?�? as soon as I order, saves confusion and hassles â?? I donâ??t know why the cashiers donâ??t make it standard practice â?? get more tips that way. I gave my mate more than enough to pay my share and a tip, but when the waitress brought back the change the cashier had separated the bills onto 2 trays â?? she was possibly even trying to do us a favour, and simply got the arithmetic wrong. Sent it back for correction, and she still got it wrong. But this time by just a bit more than the tips we were going to leave anyway, so we let it go. Glare from waitress because she thought we were being kin-niaow not leaving anything on the tray.

Iâ??ve had some great nights at Coyotees. :up: Some very friendly girls there. In 2 or 3 years first time any trouble at all. So maybe a one off - one rotten thieving apple plus a genuine cashier error.

Just take all the usual precautions, in case some dipper has decided to make it his/her base of operations.

:beer:

What a relief - i thought this thread was going to be about the cost of 1,000 chiangrai girls over seven years, and wilt chamberlain's maybe-gay beach volleyball team! :)

Front pocket it is for the big wad. And smaller folds in other pockets, so that I don't have to flash the cash every time I pay for something.

YimSiam

Exactly. Different denominations in different pockets so you only pull out what you need. Big money in the front pockets. Only carry what you are willing to lose in a given night. Everything else goes in the safe. Never flash big money around, that is just asking for trouble.

Archived