Dollar pauses near two-year low against euro

elef

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is interesting is that it's getting near its critical support level of 80.05. I think that it will get much lower if it breaks though that level (see my previous posts).

More than likely it will bounce a few times near it, as money can be made by traders at that time.

Will USA be able to coerce Japan into selling Euros and buying dollars at the critical time, like they have in the past? That will be interesting too.

You do seem a little naive on this subject (no offence). What makes you think it's nearing "critical support"? The dollar is on a slow and orderly long-term down trend against the European currencies. It broke its all-time low against the euro a while back. It's good news for US exporters that the dollar is getting weaker. If anything the USA is pressuring Japan and other Asian countries (especially China) to stop buying dollars and to allow their currencies to strengthen against the dollar.

You all seem naive to me. :D

I thought I'd join in the patronisation and use the word of the day. :grin:

Don't know where it's going but I bet I could find two teams of highly paid 'analysts', equipped with multiple PhDs and sophisticated algorithms, but somehow coming up with completely opposite predictions. Makes me wonder why they're paid so much...

Being a European, I don't rate the underlying strength of the Euro economies anymore than the US. Spain and France, for example, are in pretty bad trouble.

Where are you getting your exchange rates from by the way? It's usually quoted with the euro first so EUR/USD is currently 1.3775. Even if you look at it the other way round USD/EUR is 0.7259. I don't know where you're getting 80.05 from. You seem to be getting a little confused. And naive.

OK , I am naive,

not really , no matter what the world economy revolves around the US$ ,

There is no way the big players are going to let the US$ tank and say go down 50% from where it is now....

WHY

Well all the big players and banks have billions in US treasury bonds , if the dollar gets worse they lose,

Plus it will really screw up the exports of developed countries as US made goods will be real cheap with this "worthless" dollar

I am amazed that the Euro finance guys let the US$-Euro rate get so far out of wack already ,

They know it hurts Eurozone exports.

as I said in another post the US$ has to get to 1.54 to be on the lowest level it was against the D-Mark back in the 90s (converted 2 DM-1 Euro)

Thats a pretty long way from where we are now.....

OC

PS....why pull up a 3 month old post to call me naive ?

Who called you naive? Not me. I was referring to Denarius but then I didn't realise this thread was 3 months old. I thought the first post was "Getting interesting?" under the title "Dollar pauses near two-year low against euro" which is why I thought Denarius had screwed up. Anyway enough of this thread for me. Why would we want to talk about the intricacies of the forex market on a Thailand discussion forum?

I blame Denarius for dragging up a 3 month old thread and causing all this confusion. He's so naive. :mooning::wave::cover:

Archived