The Winchester club

Lusty

"The big difference is do most Brits give a f##ck?"

I'm English (not a Brit). The answer is probably not and I'm not sure the poster wasn't just being mischievous. However I agree with his sentiment. I'm not a Royalist but it sometimes pisses me off when people show this kind of disrespect. I haven't seen the photos so I can't comment. I'd never visit any venue with that name: it suggests it's run by Sarf London wideboys.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my g/f knew a waitress there, very cute BTW (name TA) so i went a few times. it's like many bars: it can be hit and miss. Sometimes, there's this feeling you would not be anywhere else in the world at that moment, the crowd is right, the girls participating without much hustling, and sometimes, you could just doze off. If i remember, it closes early, like 9pm, but i may be mistaken.

I'm English...definitely not a Royalist...

so I had a smile when I went for a piss

in the Winchester Club.

Liked the Winchester Club but didn't think

the ladies were as good looking in the main

as some places I've been.

Enjoyed the free brunch too but couldnt risk

too many beers since I rode my motorbike

from Pattaya.

I'll certainly go back.

Hi,

I have been to the Winchester Club many times and have not seen one decent looking girl there at any time.

However the music is good and the atmosphere is friendly.

If its decent looking girls you are looking for, you won`t find any there.

Kevan

Hi Monochrome Man,

I am interested as why you refer to yourself as English and NOT a Brit? I can understand why you may first regard yourself as English and THEN British - but I am curious as to the reason for the NOT British tag.

BTW I am neither a republican nor a royalist, but as she came over to see us (down in Jersey) for the day last week we all got a day off work!

Hurrah! Long live the Queen!

(However I am damn glad that my taxes don't go to supporting the leeching ba#stards).

quote:

Originally posted by Chanchao:

Soi Yodsak is for smelly sex tourists with ugly girls getting into your pants for a hand job the moment you sit down.

Well that's the description I heard about the Winchester except that it's frequented by expats rather than tourists.

Like I said I heard 50% raves - 50% yuks.

My experience was that I didn't find the girls good looking at all, just look at the ads in Pattaya info as an example.

But then that's just my taste, or lack of it.

MCJIMMYS - 3rd Rd opposite XYTE. Have fun.

I am interested as why you refer to yourself as English and NOT a Brit? I can understand why you may first regard yourself as English and THEN British - but I am curious as to the reason for the NOT British tag.

David,

Just 2 reasons(for starters...!): firstly, factual - I AM English, not Scottish or Welsh.That's my sense of identity.I've lived all my life in England, born and bred, pay my taxes there etc. I feel no affinity to any "British" notion the state feels like promoting/forcing on me. Let them devolve if Scotland/Wales wants it. I've never felt any allegiance to the Union Jack. And I feel even less "European". Don't think I'm some blindly patriotic Englishman though. I'm suspicious of wavers of the flag of St. George, too,and the state in general.

Secondly, the term Brit has perjorative connotations. See how often It's used negatively in the media: Brit = lager lout; Brit = football hooligan etc. I don't want to be lumped in with that. In fact most of these aggressive "Brits" are English, which is why the Scots and Welsh get so rightly upset when they're brought into it. If they're English say so. But we're not all like that.

quote:

Originally posted by monochrome man:

David,

Just 2 reasons(for starters...!): firstly, factual - I AM English, not Scottish or Welsh.That's my sense of identity.I've lived all my life in England, born and bred, pay my taxes there etc. I feel no affinity to any "British" notion the state feels like promoting/forcing on me. Let them devolve if Scotland/Wales wants it. I've never felt any allegiance to the Union Jack. And I feel even less "European". Don't think I'm some blindly patriotic Englishman though. I'm suspicious of wavers of the flag of St. George, too,and the state in general.

Secondly, the term Brit has perjorative connotations. See how often It's used negatively in the media: Brit = lager lout; Brit = football hooligan etc. I don't want to be lumped in with that. In fact most of these aggressive "Brits" are English, which is why the Scots and Welsh get so rightly upset when they're brought into it. If they're English say so. But we're not all like that.

ps I agree the Royal Family are leeches which is why I don't support them.But the previous posters argument remains true: some people who slag remain tight lipped about the Thai Royal family. I won't support that bull either.

Archived