Sukhumvit soi 22, Queen's Park Entertainment Plaza???

David99UK

I clicked on an Advert for Belgian Dogs - and see he is located at Sukhumvit soi 22, Queen's Park Entertainment Plaza........I never used to really get past Asoke Plaza (now long gone :( ) so am not familiar with the area........

........is that just a grand name for a small cluster of Beer Bars? or does it include anything else? and is it new (ish) or been going for 100's of years??!!

Any links to some pics??

Not been on here much for a good while (apart from very recently) so maybe I missed this area being discussed??

Yeah I know I am getting married and being a good boy etc etc, but I am just nosey :grin:

Soi 22 is still a quiet place relative to S/C or N.E.P., and I suppose is attractive to some because of this. I am only familiar with the area going back two years, I don't think too much has changed in that time. There are serviced apartments further down the soi, so always a few farang around. A place to check out whenever S/C or Nana becomes too familiar.

It always struck me that *for a beer-bar area* the prices were rather high.

Bangkok somehow doesn't get the 'small but fun beer bar' concept right. They try to put in aircon and charge on par with places like Patpong..

Yes there's some near-exceptions, like some places in Soi 8 Sukhumvit Road, and Soi 7/1 Sukhumvit Road.

I have to agree with that. I'm not a beer bar aficionado, but I do go to QPP occasionally because it's convenient to where I stay. I like what's developing along 7/1 and I hope business continues to improve for them. The bars at the entrance to the long gone Clinton Plaza had a beer bar 'feel' to them, I thought.

I have to agree with that. I'm not a beer bar aficionado, but I do go to QPP occasionally because it's convenient to where I stay. I like what's developing along 7/1 and I hope business continues to improve for them. The bars at the entrance to the long gone Clinton Plaza had a beer bar 'feel' to them, I thought.

I'm a fan of Soi 7/1 as well; especially the Tequila Dragon I like to hang out there and play pool during the day and early evening

Archived