Rudi Voller asks: How can we reduce cheating in football?

bibblies

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always hated C. Ronaldo but I have to say that I see a major change in his behavior and quality as a team player since the 2nd half of the season has begun! Before he was an outstanding Talent and now he is an outstanding player. He is not doing his BabyDivaFace anymore!

There was one really interesting scene in the Milan game. It was about the 85th minute, just before Rooney scored for the 3:2. Scoles lost the ball near the Milan box, and Pirlo was sending Kaka wide and was running full speed into the Manchester goal from the middle line. Ronaldo was near the box of Milan and he ran round about 80 meters in high speed and arrived at the ManU box earlier than Kaka and the 2 Manchester defenders who had an advantage of 35 meters. Since Ronaldo was there for backup the defender could risk to tackle and got the ball! A minor unnoticed event in a very exciting game which I thought was really impressive!

He certainly has improved a lot. He's much more of a team player like you mentioned.

Eventhough he'd had his (personal) success after 5 minutes it's in no comparison to the team's expectations and result up until that point.

I knew he'd be way better off here than at Madrid where its teamwork is 300% worse compared to the Mancunians.

Just hope the guy learns from his mistakes and won't be remembered for his ridiculous anti-football antics but rather his fine skills.

As for next season, there will be a lot of pressure on him. Unlike this year, people weren't too fond of him at the start of the season and he seemed prepared to prove them wrong. Now we need to wait and see if he can cope with the building pressure.

Rooney's had a difficult time as well because of this and next season will be no different.

In this case one would need a very good coaching staff to keep them mentally 100% as well.

Actually, there's a possibility that I'm being unfair to Voller. I don't remember him specifically diving around, just quite a few of the German team of that time (particularly Klinsman). It was the first time that I'd seen such behaviour from any Northern European team.

Maybe he was the good guy in the team?

I can't see that he did anything much wrong in the spitting incident - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIhEUBcKQ-U . It was quite funny to watch though, as a neutral. :D

Seriously!!!! :cussing::cussing::cussing: :onfire: :onfire:

it makes me boiling again! Rijkaard is such a fucking pig, back in 1990 there was not much of political correctness, the newspaper wrote headlines like " The Spitting Nigger From The Ghetto" well maybe it was a black reporter then it is okay, because this was ghetto behavior! The Referee was a joke, he booked Völler twice for nothing. I wouldn't say Völler is an Angel because he banged up Ghetto Frank in the locker room. However, this game was oil in the fire for Dutch-German relations, we hated them, even when we won the match 2:1.

Whenever Rijkaard visits Germany with Barcelona he needs high security because everybody tries spitting at him.

I always hated C. Ronaldo but I have to say that I see a major change in his behavior and quality as a team player since the 2nd half of the season has begun! Before he was an outstanding Talent and now he is an outstanding player. He is not doing his BabyDivaFace anymore!

There was one really interesting scene in the Milan game. It was about the 85th minute, just before Rooney scored for the 3:2. Scoles lost the ball near the Milan box, and Pirlo was sending Kaka wide and was running full speed into the Manchester goal from the middle line. Ronaldo was near the box of Milan and he ran round about 80 meters in high speed and arrived at the ManU box earlier than Kaka and the 2 Manchester defenders who had an advantage of 35 meters. Since Ronaldo was there for backup the defender could risk to tackle and got the ball! A minor unnoticed event in a very exciting game which I thought was really impressive!

And you know why there's been a positive change in his behaviour, standard of sportsmanship, workrate and team-play?

Because he moved to England, that's why!

It wouldn't have happened in Italy, Germany or Spain or if he'd stayed in Portugal, that's for sure!

Seriously, he has changed his cheating habits precisely because it's not tolerated here (even by a team's own fans). He improved a little after one season when he saw the reaction then a LOT the second season when he saw it REALLY isn't appreciated here.

Similarly, Drogba has improved (not so much but a little) in this respect.

The only guy not to respond, as far as I can see, is Robben. He's still a little cheating cunt. :thumbdown:

(It's a pity because, when he and Ronaldo first came to England, he was the better player.)

I agree with you, it starts changing now because whenever someone is cheating the commentator refers to the EPL and the good behavior there! Cheating is terrible and has nothing to do with sports, if you make it hard for the referee you don't have to wonder he fails wrong decisions! Germany is on a good way but it will take a couple of years to get completely rid of it!

Archived