Stickman Email

mainsail

Last Saturday I received an email that appeared to be from the Stickman site. It said that the weekly column was back. I did not read the email that closely before I deleted it but on Sunday I went to the Stickman site and there was no column. Everything appeared as it has for months. So the question is where did the email come from? My question to you is did you receive an email also?

It seems to have come from "Ads from Google". His site seems devoted to ringing up hits instead of providing anything worthwhile to read. How many times do you/we need to read that Angelwitch is a good bar? Dave the Rave needs to get out and about in Bangkok and really do some worthwhile reporting (and maybe a writing course).

PS: I'm not Galt, I'm just a convert.

I don't see anything wrong with Stickman having ads all over his site. I am sure that it takes a lot of work to write his weekly column and maintain the site.

Few, if any, would perform such work over a sustained period just out of the goodness of his heart.

However, I do wish that he would make it easier to discern between editorial material and commercial material.

with my gprs modem all those ads and java on the main page really slow things down, so I use Firefox with everything turned off which is doubtless counterproductive for Stickie.

I estimate he is making around 200k baht a month from Google based on traffic compared with what I make on my own site, no way an accurate extrapolation but I think he is in some serious tax free money by Thai standards.

Good luck to him as he obviously puts huge effort into the site. something of a labour of love.

A pity that like Trink before him, he could not resist the odd bit of payback from the nightlife scene

Archived