Bkk conference was a success

trooper

I heard in the news that the recent Bangkok climate change conference was successful. The success was mostly because there were only experts attending the meeting and there were no political leaders (?) fucking it up but they came up with the conclusion that the global warming could be stopped at 2 celcius but reaching this the GHG esmissions must be reduced by 50-85 percent from the levels of 2000. No suprise the biggest opponent was China who protested it will reduce their economic growth.

didn't several 1000s die from heat in France a couple years ago?

seems like I remember a Fox News celebration!

freedom fries without need of a stove .. now that's green, french style.

during a heat wave:

a person that jumps from a Parisian bridge is in-seine, right?

seine bridges, near the louvre, are the most beautiful part of paris

"didn't several 1000s die from heat in France a couple years ago?"

Sure happened, now you need air con in France appartments and offices to live confortably - but of course their use is typically overregulated....We had almost no winter this year and when I left 10days ago it'd been summer weather since beginning of April- but not too hot yet.

"seems like I remember a Fox News celebration!"

Lol! I can believe that one!

"freedom fries without need of a stove .. now that's green, french style"

I'm glad to see americans have sense of humour. French do deserve such a joke - and especially the green leaning Mayor of Paris

"during a heat wave:

a person that jumps from a Parisian bridge is in-seine, right?"

Must be! There has actually been a "Paris plage" where people can sunbath and play on an artificial beach by the Seine for a couple of years. Wonder if people do also bathe in La Seine ?!?

"seine bridges, near the louvre, are the most beautiful part of paris "

Was that another joke from Fox?

Anyway Paris architecture is breathtaking, I live and work downtown and strolling to the office is a daily pleasure. The seine shores and bridges are great indeed, having a large flat with a view on those would be fantastic, doiubt very much it houses the kind of people who died from the heatwave.

Talking about wonderful places... I'm off to Sri Lanka, utter thirld world shithole riddled with bombs,military roadchecks and unpleasant business contacts(but ONE great hotel!)... gimme Paris heatwave anyday...

"And now the Tamil Tigers have an "air force" that drops bombs on Columbo. "

Yup, and on the airport which is supposed to close at night from may 10th onward... serious mess with airlines cancelling and rescheduling their flights.

Archived