Day use of hotel?

camerashy

There is a group of us arriving in bkk early morning, and not departing until very late that night. Rather than spend 18 hours at the airport, we thought we would get a room somewhere around the Siam area as a base for the day, and take the ladies shopping in the area. One or two only would remain in the room during the day for catching up on sleep. Could anyone suggest a place that would be happy with these arrangements - say 1500 baht or less?

Most hotels in Thailand will give you a day room.

However, some will charge the price for a full 24 period, and some do have a day-rate with a check out at 6.00pm say.

I would try the Novotel at Siam Square.

Novotel Siam Square

Or Pathumwan Princess above the MBK centre.

Pathumwan Princess

Email them direct. Being low season at the moment, you shouldn't have any trouble getting a room, but they limit the amount of people going into a room if there's a big group of you.

Tim from Thai Hotel Discounts checks this forum regularly and can probably help you a lot more than I can, but just thought I'd throw in my thoughts.

1500 or less?

I will be amazed if this can be done!

As you said, anything after 6PM is pretty much considered a room night.

One thing I like about some hotels in Hawaii is that, if they cannot give you a late check-out, they keep aside a couple of rooms where you can at least shower up after a day at the beach before catching your late night flight.

There is a group of us arriving in bkk early morning, and not departing until very late that night. Rather than spend 18 hours at the airport, we thought we would get a room somewhere around the Siam area as a base for the day, and take the ladies shopping in the area. One or two only would remain in the room during the day for catching up on sleep. Could anyone suggest a place that would be happy with these arrangements - say 1500 baht or less?

Can suggest Ibis Siam. Should be fine for your needs. Cheap too. 5mins to Skytrain located near to Victory Monument.

Although check in time is from 12pm/2pm depending on the hotel. Apart from that , there is The PB hotel in Suk Soi 3, upstairs part. Flexible with timings and should be ok for your needs.

Apart from that , there is The PB hotel in Suk Soi 3, upstairs part. Flexible with timings

Very nicely put Tim! :thumbup:

Do the uptairs rooms have the gynocologist's chair as well??? Could come in useful! :hubba:

MooNoi,

No the upstairs part in fact is pretty decent and adequate for their needs. Spent a lot of time there in my previous life.

Upstairs doesn't have the gynocologist's chair though!

Kudos for a legitimate recommendation of the PB/PH option! I've spent half a day in the upstairs rooms before (when I just needed a place to sleep), very easy and very cheap! I don't suppose the group has a car - free parking behind the vinyl curtains downstairs...

The only question I have about the upstairs rooms is, why on earth twin bed rooms!?! Yes, you can push them together, but really...

YimSiam

why not simply take a hotel that has the normal room rate at 1500 or below.

not in siam but also not far off is the prince palace (bo bae tower) and usually they dosnt bother how many ppl are in the room.

ist also close to the expressway so no hassle with that. or ask the zenith on nana

Archived