UFC - Chuck Liddell vs Quinton Rampage Jackson

Denarius

Fight of the year??? Nah. Liddell is tough and I would bet on Chuck for this fight. But I think Chuck is overrated. The problem is Chuck doesn't fight the best so his record and fame are inflated. The lions share of the best fighters in his division are in Pride. I mean come on, beating on old man Couture and wimpy Ortiz over and over is getting old. I think top fighters in Pride like Silva could take Chuck. The good news is UFC is in the process of buying out Pride.

In the heavyweight division I hope the acquisition means they get Fedor, who is basically a Russian wrecking ball and probably the most dominating fighter ever seen in MMA. 26-1-0, his only loss is due to a doctor stoppage for a cut 6 years ago!!! He has no true loss and usually submits the very toughest guys.

Yo Neo (or any Thai-based members)

Do you guys watch the live games?

I've only been able to watch the old replays from months ago.

Since we're on the subject.. what's happened to Belforte (Brazilian) and Franklin Rich (USA)? Love to watch them fight. Are they still in the game?

I was wrong. :(

Round One:

Here we go! Liddell opens with a jab and a leg kick. He's moving around a lot, but not pushing the paceâ??as Couture points out, he wants Jackson to chase him.

Liddell throws a right hand, but it doesn't connect. "Rampage" taunts Chuck, asking him to come in and fight. Liddell throws a left in response.

Another jab from Liddell, followed by an uppercut. But Jackson's ready with a right hand that nails the Champion. Jab from Liddell to the face of Rampage.

Rampage knocks Liddell down with a hard right hand; he throws some shots on the ground, and referee Big John steps in to end the fight. Liddell is absolutely furious, but it's clear from the replay that he went flatâ??the stoppage was justified.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson won by knockout at 1:53 of Round One to become the new UFC Light Heavyweight Champion.

Wow, this is really the year of the upset. Cro-crop getting knocked out by a no name was probably an even bigger one. Rampage is more the caliber of Pride veterans Chuck is going to have to deal with in the unification. I think Chuck will come back, but I would be very impressed if he proves to be top of the table. Maybe next up for Chuck will be Shogun, that would be a good one.

Yes, Ortiz beat Silva once and shortly after became the UFC poster boy and they fed him cream puffs like Elvis. He looked inflated by his ego and was ducking the tougher fighters. And ultimately he proved to be the kicking boy of the division.

I haven't seen the UFC on UBC TV at all lately, not even old episodes. I watch them on video sharing sites.

Archived