Sgt. Pepper turns 40

FreeTime

Yep. Music of that era is great. Particularly British music.

A lot of people appreciate music that was made before they were born.

Think about classical music... made well-before people were born and still appreciated by many.

I really like to listen to classical when I'm flying. Ambient as well. It just seems to work well staring out the window, watching the clouds and listening to some really beautiful music.

intelligent post Carew....... :beer:

seems you have expanded yourself since our little chats in the King's Head..... :neener:

first record i bought was Ziggy Stardust....... :monkey: and Bowie is still my greatest living hero........ :yay::worship::chili::elephant::up::bow::applause::grinyes:

then grew up with punk on leaving school and have fond memories of seeing some of the bands live at the time when they visited my locality.

have never ever listened to Sgt.Pepper........ :eek:

seems i have heard all the tracks at some time or another and have no wish to buy it even though i like the Beatles.

but i prefer the raw sound of the 1 day or less recorded albums they made in the early days.

i always preferred Rubber Soul..... :chili:

...seems i have heard all the tracks at some time or another and have no wish to buy it even though i like the Beatles.

but i prefer the raw sound of the 1 day or less recorded albums they made in the early days.

i always preferred Rubber Soul..... :chili:

Please Please Me was the one dayer. Twist And Shout left until the end and captured in the first take. :worship:

I like all the Beatles periods. That's another amazing thing about them. The rapidity of their change, from 1963 - She loves you, I saw her standing there, etc to 1967's output. The songs from all periods are quality and groundbreaking but can you believe that the same band who did 'I want to hold your hand' would produce something as different as 'Strawberry Fields Forever' less than 4 years later? :shocked:

Archived