Need Advice Before Arrival

kpanther777765

Hey guys, I have been to Bangkok twice in my life, both times in the last 14 months. I have stayed about two weeks each time (last time was in February of this year). I can honestly say I had the times of my life. Well I am off again to Thailand on September 8th and staying 30 days (half my time in Bangkok at the Grand President and half my time in Pattaya at the Pattaya Centre Hotel). My question is with all the changes that I have been reading about on all the boards about the crackdowns, ect. What would be the best game plan? What I am asking really is which bars are doing well right now in Bangkok (Nana, Soi, Clinton, Patpong), last time I asked in February before I left, you guys hit it right on the mark. I went to all the spots that you guys said were hot at the time and I was not disappointed at all. I guess I am a little lazy maybe and figure if you guys can steer me in the right direction of which bars are hot right now and which ones to keep away I would be very thankful. I keep up every week with all the sites and the Stickman Weekly Report (thanks Stickman), but there nothing like hearing the latest news so I can start my agenda. PS. The reason I didn't mention advice on Pattaya is because I have never been there so I won't know the clubs or hot spots anyway (well I will soon, lol) Thanks everyone in advance

kpanther,

I haven't been yo LOS in a while but did come up against these types of crockdowns when I was working in BKK some years ago. My suggestion is to basically go with the flow but apply a little caution. Go in look around, if you like it stay, if not move on. This may seem like a waste sometimes but you'll be surprised what you may find by moving around.

Good luck.

wink.gif" border="0

Archived