Only 1 go-go bar left in Chiang Mai now!

John's Place Bar has stopped go-go from tonight and turned into a beer-bar. This just leaves the Spotlight Bar as the only farang oriented go-go bar in Chiang Mai.

I don't count Star Six or Las Vegas,both of which are sleazy places aimed at Thai customers.

Spotlight Bar has been forced to make the girls wear swimsuits instead of the old bikini-bottoms and stickers on nipples.

I haven't been in CM for a couple of years, but when I was there last time I could only find one GoGo. I don't remember the name, but it was just down from the German restaurant near the night market.

I arrived about 10PM and there was no one on stage? I got a drink and talked with the waitress. She told me they were all bar fined for the night. I left quite disappointed.

Disappointment quickly turned to opportunity and delight as found a really pretty and fun girl at a close by bar. We spend several nights and days together.

Any idea why they are closing? Too many hassles, not enough girls or too few customers?

Too much hassle,the police arrest the managers for putting on 'lewd shows' if girls wear revealing bikinis or just nipple stickers.Star Six was apparently raided last night by the police.

The Go-go Bar you referred to was a disaster run by an Aussie and closed a long time ago.It was reopened as a restaurant (which failed) and then as a girlie bar (without the go-go) called the Bunny Club, by Hansie,the German who died tragically on Doi Pui recently. His Mother allowed the partner, Tuk, to continue running it,and its worth a visit if you're up here.

These are gogo bars for farangs.i remember stepping in one strictly for thais, slightly outside the city, but maybe that's too long ago, and it was the kind of place where you already spent money even before you sat down. i mean they were so aggressive and any girl sitting next to you, even univited, had a drink brought to her. "no!" seemed to have no meaning to them.

quote:

Originally posted by Adam Cotton:

Too much hassle,the police arrest the managers for putting on 'lewd shows' if girls wear revealing bikinis or just nipple stickers.Star Six was apparently raided last night by the police.

The Go-go Bar you referred to was a disaster run by an Aussie and closed a long time ago.It was reopened as a restaurant (which failed) and then as a girlie bar (without the go-go) called the Bunny Club, by Hansie,the German who died tragically on Doi Pui recently. His Mother allowed the partner, Tuk, to continue running it,and its worth a visit if you're up here.

I'm sure the police wouldn't be hassling these bars if the owners came up with a big enough contribution to the policemen's retirement funds. I'm told this is routine among the establishments in Santitam as well, which is why the lights are all off there now and several cafes appear to have closed down.

It really makes me sick seeing these brownshirt cops prowling the girlie bar neighborhoods on their motorbikes. The looks on their faces tell it all. They have the smug smile of the cat that swallowed the mouse.

The cops are what really need to be cracked down upon.

Archived