Katoey bar on Koi Samui

Lusty

A while back I was watching a series about Thailand on television.One particular episode was about a London cabbie that married a katoey,I expect this programme rings a bell with some board members.He left England with £1500 and with his wife set up a katoey come cabret style bar on Koi Samui.Does any one no how this guy is getting on with his venture.

I remember one katoey show in Chaweng, with some uglies but one or 2 stunners on stage. I always like these kind of shows, a lot of the stage props are make-shift, a bit on the noisy/rusty side, the songs are of course lip-synced, and anyone who digs Fellini movies may relate. Gee! One looked just like Demi Moore... I am still smitten, 3 years after!

Went there in June and had a great time, its packed, as most of the tourist will go there at approx 1100 pm for the free show.

You just walk in off the street some 2 metres!! and your in it.

Most nights I saw , had a approx 70 odd people there, Beers were I think 120 Bht.

The other beer bars tend to empty at this time,

been there in may this year and as other writers say above it was fully packed with tourists

the show was fun to watch and i even made some friends over there wich i still have contact with

the name of the bar was cristy's as i recal

(but i am not sure)

It's called Christies cabaret. The owner Mark also has a sports bar in Chaweng. The last I heard is that his lease is up very shortly and with the prices in Chaweng now his site is going to some big company like Burger King? I heard he's moving the "girls" to the sports bar and its going to become some sort of ladyboy AGo Go! Can't say for certain as its not one of my regular haunts!!(honest).

Cheers Simie.

Archived