silom 4

anybody going there every now and then?

the reason i bring this up: i heared that many young exchange students or other young "falang" use to hang out at these places. been there at those clubs in silom4 and it looks like a club in amsterdam. anybody has more to add on this ?

anyways for me it looked nothing really special, i mean if you go from europe to bangkok you will see the same thing/ same scene. you will have to write it down so that not all your money goes to waste along with all of the other money you've wasted. this place is not going to show you any thing special that you wont see anywhere else , unless a tood shows you his genitals.

Not sure where you were going with your second paragraph, but I can comment on your first.

Silom Soi 4 has been around for years. Back in the old days, it used to be almost entirely gay, but that hard core gay scene has since shifted down to Soi 2 and other locales.

Over the past several years, it has come in and out of favor, but always manages to hang on and bring the custometrs in.

Over past few years, I have noticed that the scene has gotten younger and younger (or maybe I have gotten older and older). Now you can see lots of international school kids (high school) and plenty of young Anglo-looking folks milling about.

The scene is mixed. There is still a big gay presence, but there also plenty of women, many models or model "want to be" types. There is some good music, and plenty of seats outside at various places to take in the steet action.

So, I would not call it a waste of money. It serves its purpose for those who like this type of scene, and for those who do not, Lord knows that Bangkok has plenty of other options.

Lastly, yes, my guess is that you are correct that there are exchange students there as well, but I would not think that their numbers are that large.

froggo

Archived