Cardboard buns story fake?

chuckwoww

Feel better now?

BEIJING - A freelance reporter for a Beijing television station has been detained for faking a hidden camera report about street vendors who used chemical-soaked cardboard to fill meat buns, local media said.

The report came amid real food scares involving toxic fish, tainted pork and egg yolks colored with a cancer-causing dye that have harmed China's reputation as an exporter and alarmed people at home.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070719/ap_on_re_as/china_cardboard_buns

well if they hang the reporter that will prove the story was phony :(

OC

Please, don't be absurd! They'd never hang the reporter - they don't hang people in China, they either shoot them in the back of the head with one bullet (which the family must then pay for to reduce the cost to the State...), or they more recently have started to inject. Not to mention the fact that they don't actually have to kill the real reporter - they can just grab a guy of the street who looks like a reporter, torture or trick him into signing a false statement, and then run footage of him being taken out to be shot...

well if they hang the reporter that will prove the story was phony :(

OC

Please' date=' don't be absurd! They'd never hang the reporter - they don't hang people in China, they either shoot them in the back of the head with one bullet (which the family must then pay for to reduce the cost to the State...), or they more recently have started to inject. Not to mention the fact that they don't actually have to kill the real reporter - they can just grab a guy of the street who looks like a reporter, torture or trick him into signing a false statement, and then run footage of him being taken out to be shot...[/quote']

Ohhh so silly of me , I forgot with the Olympics next year that China has become "civilized" and do not hang them now :(

OC

living in civilized California where we have lethal injections after 10 years of appeals

I seriously doubt you could get cardboard to turn out the same texture as pork. Sounds like a new episode for mythbusters.

Don't know about that: my girlfriend can make pork taste like cardboard with no effort at all, shouldn't the converse be true?

Archived