Wonder-Full Thailand

Torneyboy

Thailand does not have any of the official wonders of the world,but officials are about to tell potential tourists of the "Seven Amazing Wonders" awaiting visitors.

The Government recently announced its seven wonders marketing campaign.

The campaign is designed to help Thailand attain its target of 14.8 million international visitor arrivals in 2007 and 15.7 million in 2008, said TAT governor Phornsiri Manoharn.

Thailands seven wonders have been identified as:

Thai hospitality,historical sites,beaches,natural attractions,health services,"trendy" spots such as boutique hotels and festivals.

The governor also said 60% of Thailands vistors are returnees.

Past TAT marketing campaigns that helped put the Kingdom on the map included .."Visit Thailand Year 1988" and the recent" Amazing Thailand" which however stopped short of enumerating the country's "Amazing Wonders"

I wonder how this campaign will go :dunno:

I wonder how many of the returnees are 'mongers who return year in, year out, to frolic with the lasses of Pattaya and Bangkok?

When I was a "quality tourist" we seldom visited the same country twice, it was all about new sights, new experiences.

As a travel agent would you agree with that?

Yes ..most people are looking for a new destination each time they travel...however budget can see many going back to..say.. Viet Nam ,Singapore and Thailand as well as the Pacific Islands...

Most of the clients i send to thailand tend to do say North and next time south and Phuket...unless time is not a problem...usualy one of the first questions..budget and length of stay.

Having said that i think the numbers for returnees could well be heavy in favour of the mongers.

so have they said yet exactly what the "seven wonders" are? I wonder if they include the 10,000 year old metal-working culture site of Ban Chiang (NOT Thai) or Khmer ruins in the Northeast (NOT Thai) or Chiang Mai (NOT Thai)...haha...not to mention all that prime beachfront in the south they stole from the Muslims...

preahko

so have they said yet exactly what the "seven wonders" are? I wonder if they include the 10,000 year old metal-working culture site of Ban Chiang (NOT Thai) or Khmer ruins in the Northeast (NOT Thai) or Chiang Mai (NOT Thai)...haha...not to mention all that prime beachfront in the south they stole from the Muslims...

preahko

No not really ..just beaches...lol

It's strange how tourists go to Thailand and all rave about "how great" the beaches are... compared to the beaches in Malaysia, there is no comparison IMHO.

Malaysia has some absolutely stunning beaches - and they haven't been trashed by pollution and tourists.

Same same for parts of the Philippines.

Archived