need info for my trip in 10 weeks (jan)

Hi!!!

I´m coming to Bangkok in 10 weeks and would like to know a few things:

1. Is the crackdown really going to be enforced? If so will NEP, CEP and Soi Cowboy have to be closed down?

2. Does anyone know of a good hotel, 4 or 5 star, on sukhumvhit road, that is guestfriendly? Due to the decreasing tourism (because of spetember 11th) most hotels should be glad if they have any guests right?

3. I have not been to NEP before and I´ve heard that there are a few "all-katoey" bars.. Does anyone know which theese are.. I DO NOT want to go in to one of theese.. just so that I can avoid them..

4. Is it likely that the barscene will change until january? I was last in bangkok in august..

Hope that someone has the answers..

Cheers!!

Swede,

1. They are enforcing the 2am closing time, but I don't think there's any danger that these venues will be shut down (at least not by January).

2. Try the JW Marriot, it's 5 star, guest friendly, A short walk from NEP, and you should be able to get a room at around 4000B/night I think.

3. Obsessions on the ground floor next to Rainbow 2 and Cassanova on the 1st floor in the corner are the 2 all katoey bars in NEP. Several of the other bars employ a few katoeys. I wouldn't worry so much about it.

4. I doubt the scene will be much different than you experienced in August other than it being high season. There will be more customers and more girls, but still plenty to go around.

Ranger

Archived