Award for worst music in a gogo?

bibblies

Maybe it was my mood but I don't think so.

I popped into Dollhouse Soi Cowboy tonight between about 10 and 10.30 expecting it to be rocking. Nothing. All the main ingredients there - a decent enough crop of nearly naked girls, customers, alcohol. But the girls were hardly moving. They couldn't. There was song after song after song with the same slow undanceable tempo - dirge that sucked the life out of everything. Some fucking ultra slow hip hop based on John Lennon's Power To The People?! What the fuck are the girls supposed to do with that? :dunno:

Nothing faster to break it up for 30 whole minutes? :doah:

Music for the management, not for the girls - big mistake. :thumbdown:

Compare that to somewhere like Baccara where the girls get into it, get sexier and get the customers in the mood. Surely that's the way to go?

Absolutely spot-on, Bibs!

I really like the music in Baccara. Actually, its one of the reasons I go there. I don't listen to dance music when I'm at home, but when I'm out drinking and in the mood to party, I dig it.

(Although Baccara can be too loud at times).

This is another big reason I like Happy and Peppermint in Pattaya. They play great music there and actually have DJ's who know what they're doing in terms of being a "proper" DJ.

I know dance music is not to everyone's taste, but I like it and enjoy it, and it at least it does give the girls something to dance to.

2 places that spring to mind that play mind-numbingly awful music is Champions in Pattaya - which just seems to play hard rock, and Playskool in NEP where the DJ seems to have a huge AC/DC fetish. Still, some guys like this stuff while they see their potential barfine polish poles and shuffle around.

One of the worst songs I ever heard played in a gogo was "Imagine" by John Lennon... how are the girls supposed to bop to that? :dunno:

Think about it though... how many gogos are there where the girls actually Dance? Not a lot.

Peppermint, Baccara, Angelwitch, Happy (Sometimes), Rainbow 1, 2 an 4 (sometimes), Susie Wong (occasionally), and I can't really think about many others at the moment. The other gogos

seem to be the old Bangkok / Pattaya shuffle song after song regardless of what they play. (Push left knee forward two times, push right knee forward two times whilst holding on to pole and looking in mirror). :smirk:

I guess music in bars is all about personal taste and each to their own. Most bars/gogos seems to play a *huge* amount of American music and not play much British / Australian / European music at all. Maybe a left-over of the Vietnam War period. Not sure. That seems strange to me in somewhere like Pattaya where the vast majority of punters there are British, not from the USA. :dunno:

Archived