Arab places- Can they stay open longer?

Hardy641

Last weekend in Pattaya nearly all Farang places closed at 2am. Strolling around I was surprised to see quite a few bars catering Arbab customers still doing business. I was even more suprised that the Arab disco at Marine Palza could open and playing music until 3am, a full hour longer then Tony's or Marine1.

Considering that the Grace Hotel coffee shop (mainly visited by Arabs)is the only venue in Bangkok I know, which hasn't been affected by the crackdown, I start to wonder that the government applies different policies to Arab places.

Anybody got the same impression or/and has an answer to it?

My guess is that alcohol is not being sold at those places allowed to remain open after bar closing hours. Although plenty of Arabic places do sell alcohol, I understand many of them devoutly refrain from doing so.

If alcohol is not involved, businesses can remain open around the clock.

Take care,

Bangkok Butterfly

In Pattaya it's still hit-or-miss after 2:00AM. The Marine II sometimes stays open until 3AM, other times it closes at 2AM like the rest of the places. Before the crackdown Marine II was always going strong until 7AM and then the party moved to Boom (Ibeza) but those days are gone. The one thing that you can count on is that what bar is closing when is a daily matter, you can't tell from one day until the next whether the bars will be open late or whether the girls will be wearing bikinis or nothing but smiles in the Go Go's smile.gif" border="0

Archived