Insomnia

spirit_of_town_hall

Insomnia has the most "club" atmosphere. I guess it all boils down to what you're looking for.

Lucifer can be fun, but it's still mainly a pickup joint. Marine is the worst of the bunch IMO. It's just a big box with speakers, and the music sucks.

In the overall scheme of things I don't think it's all that great, but it's probably the best Pattaya has to offer at the moment in terms of nightclubs. Compared to places like Qbar or Bed in BKK, it's not in the same league.

Insomnia adds at least one more option on the cluster of dance/pickup clubs, but it's nothing special and not much different, I'd say. Slightly better music than Marine - but how hard is that?! I'm a much bigger fan of JP Bar later at night, at least it's got more character (or characters, at least).

YimSiam

Opposite of me :)

I like Marine because it's got the best lighting - you can actually occasionally see the girls. Tonys is dire - you can't see a fucking thing - and the same goes for Lucifer, for the same reason.

Insomnia is OK when Marine closes but I've only picked up there once. Also, employing coyote dancers complicates things. Their outfits are quite freestyle and usually sufficiently close to the standard Pattaya girl to confuse a half-drunk punter (like me :) ) to approach them as such.

Actually, I was quite delicate, I thought. All I asked one once was "Do you work here?" but she pointed to a freelancer and went off in a huff. :dunno: For fuck's sake, if you're going to dress like a hooker in a hooker's hangout in hooker town...

Archived