Tatt turns Cats fan's arm into gay icon

Barry

[color:purple]Refers to Aussie Rules.....[/color]

A Geelong fan has been left with a disastrous permanent reminder of his AFL side's premiership triumph after a Thai tattooist inscribed his arm with the words "Gay Premiers 2007".

Instead of "Day Premiers 2007" as he wanted, hardcore Cats fan Neville found his message hopelessly lost in translation on a recent holiday to Phuket.

To make matters worse, the tattooist also managed to mistakenly ink Neville with the words "left arm" and "right arm" - but at least he got the correct arms.

"I gave them a piece of paper and wrote down `right arm', the new Geelong emblem they've got out now ... and Day Premiers 2007," Neville told Southern Cross Radio.

"On the left arm side I wrote `left arm' and the two grandkids names and Night Premiers 2006.

"When I first walked in he showed me the picture of the thing, and I just looked at the picture and didn't really take notice of the words.

"My son-in-law walked in halfway through it ... told me what happened, and I thought 'you're joking'."

Neville, who admitting to having about "15 cans of beer" prior to having the tattoos done, said he paid $150 for the privilege of literally having a gay icon emblazoned on his arm forever.

©AAP 2007

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=322510

Archived