Bkk to Patt

Iluvlos

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three years ago it was about 90 baht on the bus. But yes it has shot up in recent years, not surprising given the big increases in the cost of fuel in Thailand over the same period. But I've used the bus many times with the wife and no problem. Was'nt so keen on it when I was single thought, used to hope I'd end up sitting next to a nice TG :) but always seemed to end up next to a big fat farang or a Thai male picking his nose for half of the trip! :smirk:

Simie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whatever you do, NEVER take a minibus! More of a traditional Thai ripoff than upstairs Patpong bars or the kind gent near WTC who has a friend at the gem fair, these disasters are purely for tourists who can't be bothered to negotiate the very simple requirements of a Thai bus station - and for this they suffer, cramped in mini-seats with unwashed maxi-farang, driving from miserable guesthouse to unknown hotel to unmarked petrol stand, seeking unnamed passengers until crammed full of cargo they finally lurch into traffic (surface roads, mind you) and drive with one wheel in the ditch, one on the road, hours later dumping you all off somewhere perhaps but not definitively in a general sense closer to your supposed destination, and next to the only lodging for miles around, 'My Cousin's Place'...

YimSiam

Luggage ??? You mean your backpack' date=' don't you?

[/quote']

no, i have around 30kg of luggage and that seems a bit heavy for the bicycle; do they rent out trailers as well?

they do, but that would be extra...just ask for a strong frame, big bags and extra rope...it's the not-terribly-hot season so pedalling along the bangna-trad highway won't kill you within 30 min....

Archived